Talk

Advanced search

Have name changed. Very embarressing but need to ask .... (wayyyyy TMI alert)

(6 Posts)
blushblusher Mon 14-Jul-08 10:59:29

I know discharge in pregnancy is normal and my previous pregnancies heralded the same kind of discharge I have now, so I know its normal for me.

However, there is so much of it blush

Its the 'snot' discharge I have seen talked about a few times on here, like EWCM but more snotty blush

But previois pregnancies just invlved having some around conception and a few weeks later.

I am almost 5 months pregnant now and EVERY time I wipe it covers the tissue.

I was hoping it would die down now!

Some one on here said it was to do with the sex of tha baby, which I doubt but still worth asking!

hanaflowerisnothana Mon 14-Jul-08 11:01:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dizzy36 Mon 14-Jul-08 11:16:28

As long as the discharge isn't a funny colour (yellow/green) or smell unpleasant then its normal discharge and doesn't indicate an infection. Apparently there is more discharge after 1st pgncy. I had it all they way through my pgncy and had to wear a panty liner first thing which was when it was at its worst.

The discharge increased considerably by 35 weeks and I ended up having a show and giving birth 2 weeks later at 37 weeks to a beautiful healthy little girl

mumeny Tue 15-Jul-08 09:32:10

Hi - worth checking, your description of snot like rings a bell, had something similar, no other discomfort etc. turned out to be Group B strep so check with your mw, maybe they could do a swab?

belgo Tue 15-Jul-08 09:34:24

Could be thrush. Good idea to get a swab taken.

JRocks Tue 15-Jul-08 09:35:56

mumeny - me too (GBS)

Get a swab taken, just to be sure

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now