Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weight loss before going into labour - myth??

(6 Posts)
MrsMagooo Mon 14-Jul-08 09:56:58

Morning ladies,

Have been keeping a very close eye on my weight this PG as gained 4 stone with my daughter.

Weighed myself this morning & I've lost 5lbs shock

I'm sure I read/heard somewhere that it's common to loose weight not long before going into labour??

Anyone know if that's true or not??

Xx

belgo Mon 14-Jul-08 09:57:46

I've never heard of that. How far along are you? Any signs of labour?

sderoz Mon 14-Jul-08 10:10:41

Yes I do believe it's been known for women to lose weight in the last few weeks. i wouldn't worry unless you lose a lot of weight. xx

MrsMagooo Mon 14-Jul-08 10:11:19

37+2

(Went into prem labour at 33+0 but halted with drugs)

Loads of little signs but been having them for a little over a week so doubt it means anything....

* Lower back ache
* Strong BH's
* Increase in CM
* Major mood swings
* Appetite up/down
* HUGE amounts of pressure in bottom/lady bits
* Peeing constantly
* Major nesting
* Period cramps

Baby was 3/5ths IN at appt last Thurs.

Plus dog won't stop following me around - like a lost lamb (but that's probably nothing PMSL!)

belgo Mon 14-Jul-08 10:27:30

Good that you are past 37 weeks! Things could be starting to happen. Good luck, and keep us updated.

MrsMagooo Mon 14-Jul-08 10:39:03

I cannot tell you how relieved I am to have got to this stage - after stopping labour I was desperate to first get to 35 weeks & then to have now reached 37 I am just so thrilled

Will keep you up to date with any developments - although after all this he'll probably go over due lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now