Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3 questions for you all!

(17 Posts)
starlover Fri 04-Feb-05 12:26:49

i figured i would post all of these together so I have less threads to keep up with:

1.) Am overdue (as you probably know!)and last night I was getting really sharp pains all over my tummy... is this normal? This morning I feel fine, but am worried in case it's something bad

2.) Is a "show" always bloody? Have had more discharge than normal lately, but this morning had a quite large amount of jelly-ish stuff, but there was no blood... could it be my show, or just wishful thinking????

3.) a bit embarassing... decided to "tidy up" a bit "down there" this morning, when I noticed that I have several biggish skin tag kind of things on and round my labia, and also one right on the entrance to my vagina... is this pregnancy related? or have I got some nasty disease????? Have never had anything like this before, and haven't noticed til now because it's so hard to see down there!

urgh.... my dignity is now well and truly gone!

nailpolish Fri 04-Feb-05 12:29:19

are you still pg starlover???

1. dont know sorry

2. my show was not bloody at all

3. that sounds perfectly normal to me, dont think its pg related

suzywong Fri 04-Feb-05 12:29:45

My show was exactly like a big peeled black grape (ds1 trod on it and we thought it was indeed one of the grapes he had been given for breakfast but it was warm. Funny thing was I had my knickers on at the time, ds2 didn't come out for another 2 weeks

can't help you with your flaps query, sorry

Best to dispense with dignity now as after your fourth or fifth internal it pretty much evaporates anyway

HTH

starlover Fri 04-Feb-05 12:31:54

nailpolish.. YES! still here!

suzywong... that sounds very odd!

the dignity is evaporating as we speak!

suzywong Fri 04-Feb-05 12:33:34

it was, I was trying to do ds1's shoes up with him sitting infront of me and the actvity must have dislodged it, we didn't notice it lying on the carpet for about 15 minutes

HappyMumof2 Fri 04-Feb-05 14:17:25

Message withdrawn

starlover Fri 04-Feb-05 14:19:42

ooh i hope so happymum! i want it before monday which is when I have my appointment with the consultant re: induction!

have actually researched the skin tags, and apparently they're quite common "down there"...

HappyMumof2 Fri 04-Feb-05 14:21:54

Message withdrawn

Blackduck Fri 04-Feb-05 14:22:05

starlover - I too have read that skintags are quite common in pg (didn't have any myself thou') good luck !

starlover Fri 04-Feb-05 14:27:52

oh yes... have tried EVERYTHING!
curry, pineapple, raspberry leaf tea, sex, walking, bumpy car ride, gin, hot bath....

i have a very stubborn baby!

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 04-Feb-05 14:31:41

Try the toe pushing method!!!!!

It works if you do it right... honest!

starlover Fri 04-Feb-05 15:08:29

i can never meet up with anyone from here after this.
no-one tells you when you get pregnant that it's the most embarassing, undignified time of your entire life do they????

cat82 Fri 04-Feb-05 15:18:42

I had sharp pains in my tummy the day before dd was born.

I can't remember my show, i'm not honestly sure i ever had one! But when i was pg and reading every book under the sun (not that long ag dd is still only 8.5 months) i remember reading a show can just be jelly like.

Skin tags- i'm afraid i'm not too sure about.

Dignity- mine has still not recovered

Good luck!

starlover Fri 04-Feb-05 15:21:10

i'm so excited in case this is the start of it. but i am gonna be so disappointed if it isn't!!!

I have been telling myself for the past week or so that it's been starting, and it's inevitably just BH, or i need a wee... or something equally stupid LOL

cat82 Fri 04-Feb-05 15:23:26

I checked the loo after i'd been every single time for about 3 months before she was born in case there was a show, and jumped at every braxton hicks
I was lucky in the end though, she was just one day over her due date (sex worked for us )

cat82 Fri 04-Feb-05 15:24:49

Have you had any period type pain? i had them all day the day before she was born, and i knew * something * was happening.

starlover Fri 04-Feb-05 15:35:59

yeah, but have been having that for about a week...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now