Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Who do I contact for antenatel advice??

(6 Posts)
Kelly1978 Fri 04-Feb-05 10:10:23

Sorry me again - I posted about suffering from severe rib pain, which is now got me stuck in bed.

I'm thinking maybe I should call someone for advice, I can't actually get out so can't just go to doctors. Who do I call tho?? I don't have any number for a midwife for my antenatel care, and I really don't know who I'm supposed to contact.

Where I used to live I had a midwife I could contact, but here I can't even seem to get seen more than once every 3 weeks, and I can't wait another week and half to speak to the consultant.

TIA

misdee Fri 04-Feb-05 10:14:26

how far along are you? can u call delivery suite and speak to midwife on the phone.

nnosam Fri 04-Feb-05 10:15:16

call the NHS direct line
0845 46 47.
i find them fantastic and really helpfull,
if you do need a doc or midwife they can give you the number for them.
also you should be able to get your m/wifes number off you doctors recepcionist....

Kelly1978 Fri 04-Feb-05 10:28:17

Hi,
I called the midwifeand no help whtsoever. They jsut saying take paracetamol, and go to dr or get earlier antenatel appointment. They obviously don't understand what stuck in bed means. I feel really fed up now.

Gem1355 Fri 04-Feb-05 11:30:30

Hi Kelly sorry to hear your not well, can't you ring the DR's and get him/her to come out to you? If you ask i'm sure they will.

Kelly1978 Fri 04-Feb-05 15:35:29

Hi Gem, If things get any worse I am going to call the dr out. Atm I'm just stuck in bed, I've got cramps too and I'm kind of hoping I'm jsut going to go into labour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now