Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stabbing pain in cervix at 39 weeks ... please advise!

(6 Posts)
BorgLady Sat 12-Jul-08 21:57:28

I am currently 39+4 and naturally watching for any signs. First baby, so a bit clueless and nervous.

MW said that baby was 1/5th palpable on Weds so I'm guessing he's dropped pretty far, though tbh I can't feel a massive difference except my breathing is easier. I certainly don't feel the whole "walking round a coconut" thing.

I'm having quite a few Braxton Hicks, but nothing painful and probably not more than one an hour so I don't think that's a sign.

But I am getting EXTREMELY nasty stabbing pains in my cervix too. They don't always coincide with the BH, they seem to be more connected with the movements of the baby, but they hurt so much they make me jump and squirm about!

They don't last long, few seconds at the most, but it really is sharp stabs!

Has anyone else had this? Is it a sign of something, or is my baby just touching a nerve?

I wondered if it actually felt like that when the cervix was opening? Can you feel that part of the contraction at all?

TIA!

callmeovercautious Sat 12-Jul-08 22:01:20

It is probably your cervix opening. I forget the technical term smile Your Cervix has to soften and changes shape in early labour.

KerryMum Sat 12-Jul-08 22:02:28

or it could be baby kicking you. ds2 did this to me all the time. Really feckin sore.

Guadalupe Sat 12-Jul-08 22:04:07

I remember having that all three times, it's not very nice. It felt like a static shock or something and I used to cross my legs.

sweetkitty Sat 12-Jul-08 22:04:07

Hello borglady I'm 40+2 and been having these type of pains for a while, I think it's normal and common, mine usually happen when LO bounces on my cervix, they are sore though.

BorgLady Sat 12-Jul-08 22:21:40

Thanks all! At least I know it's common and nothing to worry about.

Perhaps the baby has horns or something, that's certainly what it feels like!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now