Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice please......Im now very worried

(7 Posts)
LullyMummaOfOne Fri 11-Jul-08 19:33:23

Hi, im currently 7 weeks 4 days pregnant. I went for an early scan this morning due to stomach pains yesterday and the doctor told me she couldnt detect a heart beat so i have to go back next friday for another scan.

She also said that its hard to find a fetal heartbeat this early in pregnancy so i souldnt worry, the thing is she said i only looks 6 weeks. Im now concerned as im worried the baby may have stoped forming at 6 weeks which is why a heartbeat could not been seen. This scan was an internal scan which wasnt plesent, could this cause prolems internally during pregnancy?

Anyone elso been in the same situation? Your help and advice will be very much appreciated here.

Oh, this is my 2nd pregnancy. 1st pregnancy went very well and he is now 2.

thisisyesterday Fri 11-Jul-08 19:46:04

I have had an internal scan too, and although it isn't pleasant it is the best way to see an early pregnancy. As far as I know it is not dangerous.
like your sonographer says, it is hard to pick up a heartbeat sometimes, hopefully you'll be able to see it next time

I guess there is a possibility that baby has stopped forming. But it's also possible that you have your dates a little bit wrong, or that baby is just a bit smaller than usual etc etc. I bet there are loads of things that could mean it looks a little smaller than expected, so try not to worry

berolina Fri 11-Jul-08 19:52:32

I have had more internal scans than you can shake a, er, stick at during my pregnancies and they do not cause any problems whatsoever.

At the stage you are at a foetal heartbeat will often be seen on a transvaginal scan, but not always. All you can do is go back next week, I'm afraid.

Wishing you well

DD1ofcolandgerry Fri 11-Jul-08 19:59:13

Im also 7 weeks and 4 days, and my scan on Tues showed no heartbeat. The doc offered an internal but I declined. He said not to worry and come back in 3 weeks ( hes off on holiday) He added that everything looked fine and offered reassurance, but it dosnt stop me worrying. I might go down to the early preg clinic and get a scan next week as Im not sure if I can wait 3 weeks!!!

kookiegoddess Fri 11-Jul-08 20:07:31

Not to be a misery guts but if you are concerned about the stomach pains - I've had a miscarriage before and it started with cramps that came in waves, gradually getting stronger, so if things get worse, just go to the doc straight away and ask to be seen immediately. I'm pregnant again and all is fine but I know how scary this can be and it can be hard to communicate with doctors to explain how you're feeling.

I recommend going for another scan if it will put yr mind at rest as stress isn't good for babies. They certainly seemed happy to see me at the early stages of my current rest to calm my fears of another mc and it was very reassuring.

Good luck! kx

LullyMummaOfOne Fri 11-Jul-08 20:10:28

Its very reasuring knowing that im not the only one that this has happened too. Although the doctor said it looks a healthy pregnancy it still seems a long wait to find out for sure. I guess i'll just have to keep myself busy next week until D day!
THanks for all your advice

3Ddonut Fri 11-Jul-08 20:18:26

I don't have anything to add, just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you both and hope everything is well for you, x.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now