Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Blurry eyesight - 8 weeks pregnant - related?

(4 Posts)
poppynic Fri 11-Jul-08 14:10:06

Hi, my neighbour is 8 weeks pregnant and newly arrived in the country. Yesterday she got itchy eyes and although they cleared up a little bit in the evening are worse today, and her eyesight has become very blurry. She can't get through to the maternity section at the University College Hospital and has to wait for a GP appointment. Does anyone have any ideas where she could get some help?

lulumama Fri 11-Jul-08 14:11:35

she might have conjunctivitis. best to go to a pharmacy and get some drops. pregnancy can cause eyesight to change slightly, later on, due to increased fluid in the body IIRC, but it should not be causing blurred vision

could be hayfever or allergy related

could be a simple eye infection that can be treated with drops bought over the counter. a pharmacist can advise

poppynic Fri 11-Jul-08 14:18:04

thanks lulumama - great to see you are up to your usual good work. You really helped me when I was pregnant and I am just convincing my neighbour/friend to join up to Mumsnet for help through hers!! She has been to the pharmacist who just said she could have a serious infection and to see a GP right away - not to wait for weekend. Is there a phone number you can ring that gives pregnancy-related health advice?

lulumama Fri 11-Jul-08 16:55:39

welcome poppy smile i would call NHS direct and they can refer to a local walk in centre if neccesary

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now