Talk

Advanced search

1st timer advice - how long now

(13 Posts)
Mindy1 Fri 11-Jul-08 09:21:09

Hi

Was in with doc and head fully engaged, cervix effaced and thinned and I passed mucous plug day before yesterday. Doc also gave me a sweep yesterday, how long do you think l have left? Due tomorrow

Thanks for advice grin
Mindy

scorpio1 Fri 11-Jul-08 09:22:06

Well, i had a show and a sweep and had my baby in my arms 52 hours later.

I think everyone is different though. Get some rest, and relax

scorpio1 Fri 11-Jul-08 09:22:21

You will REALLY need the sleep grin

Mindy1 Fri 11-Jul-08 09:23:49

Thanks Scorpio - will try to nap but excitement is building !

theinsider Fri 11-Jul-08 09:33:51

Hi Mindy. Don't want to get your hopes up but all sounds very promising - might be pretty soon. Difficult I know but go with the "rest" advice. Maybe try a bath it might get things moving be nice and relaxing. A long walk could help too. Repack and check hospital bag.

Keep us posted and good luck!

MarsLady Fri 11-Jul-08 09:42:35

Sort your photo albums, watch a comedy on DVD or something.

Find something else to focus on. You could still be here in two weeks (I hope it's not that long) but there is no telling when the baby is ready until the baby starts to come.

You'll be holding your baby soon. smile

Kezza7779 Fri 11-Jul-08 13:03:48

i heard that you should stay active, the midwives recently told my friend who just had her baby (same situ as u) to climb a steep hill - go for a walk and to keep active!

kezza, that was probably to speed up labour, but tbh if the op has already had a show and a sweep, it really won't be long anyway! so to echo everyone else's advice, REST and sleep if you can. I haven't had a full nights sleep for 11 months!

savoycabbage Fri 11-Jul-08 13:18:22

Yes go to bed. I was too excited to sleep before I had my first and was so tired during labour that I was falling asleep between contractions.

MakemineaGandT Fri 11-Jul-08 13:24:22

It won't be long! Do something relaxing like paint your nails - you won't have a chance for a while!

GOOD LUCK!

Mindy1 Fri 11-Jul-08 16:05:41

Thanks all - savoycabbage, I can see how you can end up knackered with all the excitement.

Any progress? grin

Mindy1 Fri 11-Jul-08 23:01:16

Nothing yet, a few pains but no contractions. Heading to bed now and will probably still be posting here in a week !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now