Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scans

(8 Posts)
Shelli08 Thu 10-Jul-08 21:13:27

Hi i have had my 20 week scan but i was dissapointed with the service i got, the midwife didnt tell much to us about what she was doing and didnt give us a lot of time to look at baby, does anyone know if you have another scan before baby is born or if you can request another scan??

bogie Thu 10-Jul-08 21:15:29

You don't usally gt one after your 20 week unless you go private.

MissusH Thu 10-Jul-08 21:17:23

Sorry to hear about your duff experience sad

Around here you only get the 20wk scan, unless there is a medical reason for any more.

You can go to a private firm who do 3d/4d ones but they are a bit expensive...

thisisyesterday Thu 10-Jul-08 21:20:10

you would have to go private to have another scan.
bear in mind the scan is just for them to make sure your baby is ok, and developing properly, not for you to get a good look etc etc (but obv a bit annoying for you!)

it wouldn't have been a midwife doing the scan either, it would have been a sonographer.

Snaf Thu 10-Jul-08 21:23:31

It might have been a midwife sonographer smile

You would have to go private, I'm afraid. It's a shame that you didn't get to see your baby properly but tbh that's not really what it's about. It is to give a report on the baby's development and check for anomalies, after all. She should perhaps have explained a bt more to you, though.

star6 Thu 10-Jul-08 21:27:50

I know how you feel, shelli08, I just couldn't make out any of hte bits on the baby at our 21 week scan... tried asking her to explain and she was so patient and kind about it that I felt badly asking again, so I pretended to be able to see it... we were walking back to the car and dh said, "wow, that was so amazing" and I started crying and told him how I didn't really see anything except the spine and heart. I wanted another scan at the time, but now I'm over it. We have a lovely picture of his nicely formed spine and I'm happy with that.

Shelli08 Thu 10-Jul-08 21:28:44

i couldnt think of the name of the people that do the scan - aahh sonographer hehe...just wish we could see him one more time

Emzywemzy70 Thu 10-Jul-08 22:40:34

i had one at 34 weeks as well but this was only because i had a low lying placenta but i think maybe you can request one, just say you are worried etc...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now