Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What happens if your waters break in the swimming pool...

(7 Posts)
waitingtobloom Thu 10-Jul-08 09:58:00

Well apart from the fact you should probably at least think about getting out...

Is it a health hazard for people or does the chlorine and other stuff just sort it out? Would they have to close the pool? Do you have to tell someone?

Was just thinking about this whilst paddling up and down the pool this morning - I think Id just want to get out and make a run for it lol.

Has it happened to anyone?

xxxx

GoatisLOLing Thu 10-Jul-08 10:01:34

kids pee in the pool all the time and amiotic fluid is probably alot safer than that.

and remember DON't RUN in the swimming pool. goodness you will be heavy petting next.

MadamAnt Thu 10-Jul-08 10:02:52

I would think that amniotic fluid is no worse for fellow swimmers than the gallons of kiddy-wee, sweat, scabs and dead skin cells more commonly found in the pool grin

In fact if I had to choose a bodily fluid or swim in, I'd probably opt for amniotic fluid. Nice thought.

I very much doubt they would close the pool.

waitingtobloom Thu 10-Jul-08 10:05:23

Good lol- so I can just make a slow waddle away if it does happen. The things I think to worry about during pregnancy...

Sorry goat - will not run or attempt to dive bomb or anything - think it would clear the pool of water!

hopefully Thu 10-Jul-08 10:45:19

A friend of mine had her water go during the course of a swim - she didn't notice, it was only when she went for a check up that someone thought something was amiss, and she ended up being induced in a great big rush! If I was a swimmer, it would be enough to make me paranoid...

GoatisLOLing Thu 10-Jul-08 10:50:41

hopefully - i was going to say that you might not notice your waters going. but when i waters broke they kept on coming how did you r friend not realise afterward.

waitingtobloom Thu 10-Jul-08 12:32:50

I heard and felt mine last time - jumped with the "pop" of it all! And then they just kept coming...and coming...and coming...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now