Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is getting 'hairier' a pregnant with boys thing or just a general pregnancy thing??

(28 Posts)
Litterbug Wed 09-Jul-08 18:24:29

I've had 2 boys previously and both times my arms went very hairy, quick regrowth after shaving my legs and the appearance of <ahemmm...-coughs- a mustache) blush Don't worry, I have wax.

Am exactly the same this time, am planning my first tash-wax of the pregnancy tonight hmm

But does this equal another boy do you think? Or is it just a general pregnancy thing?

Have my gender scan next Saturday

MummyLovesPrams Wed 09-Jul-08 18:29:37

For me it was a general PG thing.

With DD I got a furry belly & have this time too although it is much furrier this time around & I am having a boy!

Sorry that was about as useful as a chocolate teapot!

Good luck with your gender scan

star6 Wed 09-Jul-08 18:41:20

I love that!! "furry"!!! I have the same... I'm blond, so the "fur" is light and unnoticeable to anyone but me, but still makes me feel a bit like a man... does it go away after pregnancy or should I wax it off?

EBenes Wed 09-Jul-08 18:43:02

I got a fluffy beard! (with a girl) And furry belly, of course. However, afterwards, the furriness went, and I think I got a bit less furry altogether even from before.

MummyLovesPrams Wed 09-Jul-08 18:44:06

It'll disppear fear not - you won't be furry forever wink

I remember looking at my belly about 5 days after DD was born thinking 'Oo yay my fur has gone' I guess I malted PMSL wink

FrannyandZooey Wed 09-Jul-08 18:44:28

oohhh I forgot this could be a sign of a boy
I have a lovely furry belly

youcannotbeserious Wed 09-Jul-08 18:44:45

Furry belly?

I didn't get hairy and I had a boy! Am I odd?

GOod luck with the scan btw!

eandz Wed 09-Jul-08 18:46:05

i'm having my first baby who is a boy and i've turned into a fat hairy man. i've gained 7 stones and have downy fur everywhere ...seriously, i'm not kidding. if you see a 15 stone hairy pregnant monster, thats me.

expatinscotland Wed 09-Jul-08 18:54:28

i'm having a boy this time round and haven't gained nearly as much weight as with my girls - it's ALL baby.

i don't know about body hair because i wax, wax, wax.

i never give it a chance to grow at all.

if i won the lottery, i'd have my entire body save my hair lasered to remove all hair.

IllegallyBrunette Wed 09-Jul-08 18:56:02

I got alot hairier when having Ds.

He is now five and I am still hairier now than before I had him.

eandz Wed 09-Jul-08 19:11:56

there are places in london that do package full body lazer hair removal deals for £500 (its for three courses) which is all some people need if you've got light skin and dark dark hair. i am considering it after baby. would anyone like the number?

Litterbug Wed 09-Jul-08 19:13:07

I don't have the downy fur thing going on, its just the hair I usually have grows quicker and is darker!

Thanks for the replies.

Im pretty convinced this is DS3 though!

expatinscotland Wed 09-Jul-08 20:56:36

if i win the lotto, e, i'll be down there like a shot after this one is born.

i want it ALL lasered off and i have dark hairs and fair skin.

DaphneDescends Wed 09-Jul-08 21:00:03

I had a weird pregnancy, my hair practically stopped growing - everywhere. My eyebrows didn't need plucking so often, my leg and underarm hair barely grew, which was wonderful for not shaving so much, and I had to cancel hair appointments because there was just no need...

It all made up for it afterwards though hmm

zephyrcat Wed 09-Jul-08 21:06:04

I love this thread! I thought I was alone in post pregancy face fluff world!

I had 3 girls and a boy and the fluff has still not gone away. My leg hair has changed colour from blonde to dark and I have a beard, as pointed out by DP angry!! Is there anything to de-fluff your face or is it best left alone?!

girlandboy Wed 09-Jul-08 21:11:56

Zephyrcat - I'll watch for any answers to your question. I've been plucking away now for ages, but think I'll have to have something more permanent done, else I'll be growing a nice little goatee!

eandz Wed 09-Jul-08 21:40:21

zephyrcat,
i'm being threaded once every 11 days. i'm soo hariy...

GreenMonkies Wed 09-Jul-08 21:48:15

I have two girls and I am like DaphneDescends. My hair growth on my body virtually stopped both times, I could shave my legs once a month, my armpits every 10 days or so, and my bikini line was barely there! However, my head hair grew like a weed, I had hair an inch long when I got pregnant with DD1 and by the time she was born it was a chin length bob.

Also, and this is wierd, my hair has gone from med think and very, very straight, to very, very thick and curly. And I don't mean an bit of a kink, I mean full on preraphealite ringlets and waves!

DD2 is now two and I am having to shave my legs/underarms regularly again, but both times it has come back slowly.

I had a wicked belly line with DD2 too, it took nearly a year to fade!

Monkies

nataliesmum Thu 10-Jul-08 09:16:10

Monkies, that's really similar to me. Body hair is very sparse and head hair thick long and wavy. I am expecting a little girl and have two year old DD1.

Unfortunately, in my case it is not as good as it sounds. After DD1 was born the lovely head hair went into spectacular freefall. Looked like a ferret nesting in in the plughole every time I took a shower...YUK blush. Not to mention all over carpet, hairbrush and any woolly clothes! Holding out a faint hope that we will not get a repeat performance this time...

LittleMyDancing Thu 10-Jul-08 09:19:13

I got much less hairy when having DS - hardly needed to shave my legs or my armpits.

Weird.

Pinchypants Thu 10-Jul-08 09:33:42

I am having hair weirdness as well - furry tummy, and underarm hair growing really quickly, but growth on head, legs and 'tache seems to have stopped. Hair on head is v, v thick. No idea what lady garden is doing as I lost sight of it a loooong time ago...

MimisMama Thu 10-Jul-08 10:02:29

I asked the same thing before my 20wk scan as I'm much less hairy than usual and thought it could mean I'm having a girl - but, it's a boy!

waitingtobloom Thu 10-Jul-08 10:06:26

i always get the weird hairs on tummy but have to say I am notably less hairy than normal - have to shave legs a lot less - and am carrying a girl. Remember feeling hairier with DS too.

xx

rrrayray Thu 10-Jul-08 19:24:56

So glad to find this thread, have just noticed tummy getting "furrier" i'm very fair, but these are much darker.

Bit self concious of them, Does anyone have tips for best way to remove??

Not sure want to Wax Tummy, Surely will come thicker if Shave, Maybe hair removing cream best idea??

Oblomov Thu 10-Jul-08 21:58:43

EXPAT, I have only just read that you are going to have a boy. Congratulations.
I posted for you before, asking if you would like my ds's clothes. But it turns out that I too am having another boy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now