Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fetal Movement between 38 - 39 weeks

(5 Posts)
Sophrosyne1 Wed 09-Jul-08 13:57:20

I will be 39 weeks tomorrow and have read that, due to the baby being quite cramped, movement will slow down but am still feeling a bit worried as movements are not as frequent as they have been and feel a bit different.

Had a drink and lay still for an hour, during which time I counted about 12 twitches and squirms. Is this about right? I have had that many emergency scans that I am beginning to feel like a drain on the NHS!

moopymoo Wed 09-Jul-08 14:01:19

Please dont worry about being a drain and get checked again. There is no need to sit worrying and whilst movements do sometimes slow down close to labour, it is best to be checked. I always feel I want to respond to these threads as I am very close to a situation where things were not ok, and my sister dearly wishes she had listened to her instincts. Not wanting to be a scaremonger, chances are very much that all is well, but it is always best to put your mind at rest.

slinkiemalinki Wed 09-Jul-08 15:10:01

I think that sounds like plenty from memory but totally agree that you should get checked if you have concerned.

Annabellemary Wed 09-Jul-08 16:59:39

You should feel ten a day at least but if in any doubt GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!! I used to work at the hospital and felt embarrassed at first to be ringing up every other week - at least - in the latter weeks and asking for them to check the heartbeat etc. but the midwives were very kind (without knowing i was an employee) and said it was no bother at all. BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY!!

Sophrosyne1 Wed 09-Jul-08 19:43:09

Hi all,

Thanks for the messages, have had alot of movement this evening so am feeling much better. Baby seems to have been having a lie in

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now