Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone else whale sized, trying to look after a toddler and has SPD??

(16 Posts)
Thankyouandgoodnight Wed 09-Jul-08 10:51:54

If so - how on earth are you managing?? Every step I take hurts and I can barely be on my fee for 5 minutes before I need to -lie- sit down. Having to fill a morning and an afternoon for my 18 month old is proving rather challenging!

PetitFilou1 Wed 09-Jul-08 10:59:05

No but I'm whale sized and looking after 2 year 3/4 old and 4 1/2 year old with dh away if that helps (I suspect not)!
If it was me I would take your lo out to toddler group and sit there/soft play/friends house (or invite friend to you)/stick tv on or get lo into nursery!

You are going to need to get onto the 2 under 2s thread aren't you - good luck!

pickie Wed 09-Jul-08 20:48:31

I had this when pregnant with DD, DS was 21 months by the time DD came along and he was in a phase of running away (or shall I say expliring his boundereies!) and being a handful.

I went to see an acupuncturist (for different matter) and told her about the SPD and she asked if she could try to relieve it. It worked BIG time and I was nearly pain free for 2-3 weeks at the time, wish I had known earlier!

sleepycat Wed 09-Jul-08 20:50:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 09-Jul-08 21:03:28

37 weeks, size of a minky whale, SPD from hell, hypermobile, 20 month old DD who is still breastfeeding and wants to be carried all the time.

How do I cope? You have to accept that you won't be able to do bugger all, take painkillers, rest as much as possible and realise that there is an end in sight.

Oh and I had some posture training which really helped me. Osteopathy can also help.

Sitting on a birth ball too.

FrannyandZooey Wed 09-Jul-08 21:07:20

planet sized, a 5 year old, and mild spd is doing for me, so I have huge sympathy for you

I am asking everyone I know to help me out for a couple of hours, and spending as much of my maternity allowance as I can bear to on paid help

VictorianSqualor Wed 09-Jul-08 21:38:02

<<hijack wmmc have you seen this? Was just about to CAT you.

Thankyouandgoodnight Thu 10-Jul-08 21:30:59

Sorry for not replying earlier - I lost my own thread blush.

I am so in awe of you looking after 2 DCs whilst whale like - I would love 3 altogether but have coped embarassingly poorly with this pregnancy.

I have to say - I am thoroughly enjoying my maternity leave - I am refusing to do anything except lie on my side reading books and snoozing while DD is in nursery until mid afternoon 3 days a week. Utter bliss.

ButterflyMcQueen Thu 10-Jul-08 21:35:03

very large
15 yr old
13 year old
11 year old
5 year old
2 year old

very mild SPD but last time had it very bad

it is a killer and i sympathise - i feel truly BLESSED not to have been afflicted this time poor you!

whomovedmychocolate Thu 10-Jul-08 22:05:54

VS - Am very unamused by the current situation is how I am. I am going to the hospital AGAIN tomorrow - the only positive note is that I have negotiated a birth plan I can live with with the SoM which goes along the lines of 'if this baby isn't out in two weeks, I'm serving an eviction notice and if, despite me apparently having the most badly behaved uterus in the history of womankind, I do go into active labour I can have a waterbirth, minimal monitoring, no doctors allowed within ten feet unless I bleed out blah blah blah.

What is going to happen now will depend entirely on whether the BP meds work. I've been in hospital every week now for the last four -and the food sucks as does the company - they are full of mewling babies and women who seem to think having a caesarian means staying in bed buzzing the midwives every time they need assistance to fart hmm.

Have PMT from hell or something too - am really cross all the time, have permanent backache and wicked BHs which seem to be lasting for four minutes at a time. Oh and fat feet, but everything else is now really thin because I've lost all my excess water thanks to these stupid pills which are making my head hurt, and apart from having almost constant D&V from the tightenings I keep falling asleep for four hours at a time. Which would be nice if it didn't feel like I was about to explode at any time in a big puddle on the floor. hmm

Moan, moan, whine etc.

You can see why I'm not posting much on here - far too depressing!

VictorianSqualor Thu 10-Jul-08 22:22:14

sad
WMMC
I won't patronise, I know how shit it can be but I genuinely mean it when I say baby will be here son and you can take the longest babymoon in history xxxx

whomovedmychocolate Thu 10-Jul-08 22:26:46

Do you remember Muttley from Wacky Races? That's what I'm like at the minute. DH is trying hard not to laugh at me swearing under my breath at everything. Babymoon? Pah! With a breastfed toddler and a new baby? hmm

bogie Thu 10-Jul-08 22:28:16

me me me I am I'm huge can't walk anywhere far aching all the time and still have 11 weeks to go

VictorianSqualor Thu 10-Jul-08 22:42:24

Take DD to bed too.
Is DH getting any paternity leave?

whomovedmychocolate Thu 10-Jul-08 22:47:13

We run our own business which we have pretty much closed down until further notice except for clients we know won't mind if we cancel at the last minute. This baby is eagerly anticipated by quite a few folk desperate to make their albums! DD also got cited on quite a few record sleeves so to us this is fairly normal.

Taking DD to bed doesn't work really - she sleeps all day and stays awake all night whingeing if I do that. Mind you, she's a whingey little mare at the minute anyway because whatever mood I'm in, she copies hmm

sweetkitty Thu 10-Jul-08 22:50:10

Oh yes me too 40 weeks today have a 4yo and 2 1/2 yo to contend with.

Last time wasn't too bad as 18 mo slept for 2 hours during the day so did I.

This time no such luck, the two of them go to nursery 3 mornings a week which helps. You just have to do as little as possible, spend time on the sofa watching cbeebies, leave the cleaning to OH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now