Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

sweep tomorrow - what exactly will they do to me?!?!

(9 Posts)
skiingmummy Wed 02-Feb-05 14:23:10

Erm...sorry to be thick and I know this has prob been done to death but having searched the messages I keep finding references to 'sweeps' but no explanation of what it is they actually do to you.

I've got an apptmt at 9am tomorrow with my consultant and am wondering what to expect - how long does it take? who does it the mw or the consultant? what happens afterwards? And....does it hurt???? At least if I know I'll be prepared for it!!

skiingmummy Wed 02-Feb-05 14:24:03

Thanks in advance!!

Lonelymum Wed 02-Feb-05 14:26:49

Look at the recent thread re induction. I asked the same question and someone explained it briefly. Sounds a bit horrible. Maybe it won't be necessary, eh? Spent a lot of time on the loo today?

lockets Wed 02-Feb-05 14:26:50

Message withdrawn

skiingmummy Wed 02-Feb-05 14:31:17

Thanks Lonelymum - nice to hear from you!! I searched the messages but find once I've read a thread then try and go back to the list of threads found by my search I have to research so got totally fed up with it!!! Spent a lot of time on the loo yesterday but that was more to do with the spicy curry we had for tea than anything labour related!! How are you getting on?

Lockets quick and uncomfy sounds like the sort of labour I'd like!

lockets Wed 02-Feb-05 14:34:13

Message withdrawn

Lonelymum Wed 02-Feb-05 14:35:51

If you want to read the thread Skiingmummy, I have bumped it for you so it must be somewhere just below this one on the Active Conversations board.

I'm OK but having a very stressful time re moving. Just as well I am not pregnant as I would have gone into premature labour by now!

beansprout Wed 02-Feb-05 14:37:05

They basically stick a finger or two inside you and have a bit of a rummage. It doesn't take too long and can be viewed as good practice for the next couple of days! It might be a bit uncomfortable but shouldn't hurt. Good luck.

skiingmummy Wed 02-Feb-05 14:42:30

Thanks LM!! Just read the thread and I have to say I agree with your observation .... sounds like it could be a bit painful!!

OMG Beansprout!!! Your description sounds even worse than the one on the Induction thread!!! Isn't there a danger of them introducing an infection messing around with your cervix like that??

Really wish my lazy body would just go into labour naturally so I wouldn't have to have all this messing round!! FGS I'm starting to look like a spicy pineapple I've eaten so many curries and pineapples the last few weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now