Talk

Advanced search

Essentials for surviving late pregnancy.......

(24 Posts)
Nik72 Wed 02-Feb-05 13:06:47

1) Slip-on shoes
2) Ginormous underpants
3) Sense of humour

beansprout Wed 02-Feb-05 13:10:01

1. Patience with all those people who keep saying "haven't you had it yet?!" and "my god, you are enormous!"
2. Good books and videos

moondog Wed 02-Feb-05 13:11:18

Spend as much time as possible horizontal, blagging foot massages off nearest and dearest and relishing the peace, cos that's the last you've had of it for a good long while....

emmatmg Wed 02-Feb-05 13:11:56

A butler to fetch whatever you require.

RTKangaMummy Wed 02-Feb-05 13:13:34

put an answer machine message saying

"no, not yet"

and set it to answer the phone after 2 rings

beansprout Wed 02-Feb-05 13:13:48

Take the due date with a pinch of salt, otherwise the sense of anticlimax is almost crippling.
Or, in my case, take the week after the due date with a pinch of salt, and the week after that too. Resign youself to being pregnant for the rest of your life.

beansprout Wed 02-Feb-05 13:15:08

Oh exactly right RTKM. People would ring "just to see how you are" and I would say a non-commital "fine", which would bug them as it didn't tell them what they really wanted to know!

Tommy Wed 02-Feb-05 13:18:24

My Mum phoned me every day to ask me if the baby had been born yet (like I wouldn't tell her first) with DS1 and with DS2 she phoned me every time she went out to tell me she was going out and how long she'd be but that her mobile would be on if I needed her.....

moondog Wed 02-Feb-05 13:22:37

lol beansprout!

jessicasmummy Wed 02-Feb-05 13:24:24

chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.... you're already the size of a house, what a few extra calories gonna do?!!

shalaa Wed 02-Feb-05 16:07:10

Wandering aimlessly round town!

Meeting DP for lunch

Relaxing at home with videos/books/magazines

Living on chocolate, fruit and cookies

Baggy clothing

Long hot baths

Quality time with the cat (don't laugh!)

Lots of heartburn remedies

Angeliz Wed 02-Feb-05 16:23:28

Big bag to get ready to chuck my 10 thousand empty bottles of Gaviscon.

Bellie Wed 02-Feb-05 16:25:43

ice cream machine (v good for the summer)
Agree with beansprout about the patience!

beansprout Wed 02-Feb-05 16:26:13

Tell yourself that you won't be wearing these damn maternity clothes for much longer... (this isn't actually true but I told myself anyway!)

Shimmy21 Wed 02-Feb-05 16:29:28

Cream buns are essential. The cream is full of calcium and the sugar vital energy for lugging that enormous weight off and on the sofa.

Fennel Wed 02-Feb-05 20:20:27

jessicasmummy - yeah, I thought that about chocolate. and regretted it when I realised the half stone I put on in my 41st week was there to stay.

misdee Wed 02-Feb-05 20:27:19

slippers and conmfty pj's. oh i could live in them. shame i have to get dressed in the mornings to get dd1 to school.

nailpolish Wed 02-Feb-05 20:33:27

someone onhand 24/7 to heave you off the couch/bed/floor after sitting there for 8 hrs doing jigsaws with toddler

nailpolish Wed 02-Feb-05 20:34:30

cordless phone to have in easy reach, cos getting up to answer is just impossible, and even if you do manage to get up, itll go off just as you waddle up to it

eidsvold Thu 03-Feb-05 02:23:03

rest, rest, rest - when you can.

wallow in wading pool with dd1 ( very hot and dd2 born last Nov in the heat!!)

go out for meals with dh ( +dd1 in my case)

Yes and NO - Yes I am HUGE and no I have not had the baby - DOES it look like it!!!

forget the sense of humour be as crabby as you like and blame it on the heat/col/tiredness... etc while you still can

kama Sat 05-Feb-05 22:42:03

Message withdrawn

Tipex Sat 05-Feb-05 22:48:19

a cleaner? I wish i had one so could do nesting by proxy instead of feel urge to scrub floors and have to try and resist it.

Skribble Mon 07-Feb-05 11:54:08

Detailed map showing every toilet wherever I go.

(I got stuck in a service station toilet between the door and the hand drier, it open straight on to the forecourt, God you can't half move when you realise 20 people are watching you ).

samwifewithkid Tue 08-Feb-05 21:05:43

well I'm 33 weeks pg and we are just starting a kitchen/diner makeover (wall coming down, back to basics, new units and smart outcome)great for taking your mind off being pregnant, especially as it's due to be finished 2 weeks before dd2 is born!! Cross my (fingers) legs and hope she doesn't come early

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now