Talk

Advanced search

oops, we did it again.

(29 Posts)
sansouci Mon 31-Jan-05 19:16:33

I think I'm pg again. I'm terribly stupid. Dh & I make love about once every 6 weeks & it's my bloody hormones that catch us out! He asked me if it was "okay" &, anxious to get on with it, said "yeah, yeah.." Next day (Sunday), my breasts are aching & tingling. Feel very rampant (for once) & think I must be PG. Some of you may remember my vodka-fuelled cries for help in November. How can anyone be so f*ing stupid & careless?! Dh is 55 & I'm 42 and we can hardly cope with the darling children we already have (17 mos. and 4.5 yrs.). He's heavily in debt, we're old and fagged out. I guess there's nothing any of you can add but it feels better to "talk" about it. Honestly, my friends and family would refuse to speak to me if they knew! I'm sad because I love my children so much and realise that I must secretly want another child. I am so pathetic and irresponsible. Sorry.

Twiglett Mon 31-Jan-05 19:19:30

sorry I missed your November cries for help .. were you pg then? did you have an abortion?

what do you want to do now?

have you tested?

when can you test?

sansouci Mon 31-Jan-05 19:23:04

Ah, Twiglett! Yes, I was pg then but miscarried & was terribly grateful for that. Swore up & down that I'd never be so stupid. Since it was last Saturday & today's Monday, I doubt a test would show anything. But oh man, do my breasts ever ache & tingle! Do you think there might be another reason for this? [grasping at straws emoticon]

LIZS Mon 31-Jan-05 19:25:02

If it was only Saturday just gone you could possibly still get emergency contraception such as a coil fitted but you'd need to be quick.

Twiglett Mon 31-Jan-05 19:27:48

aching and tingling breasts could be anything (even psychological, cos you're worried)

do you mean its less than 72 hours since (ie Sat night to tonight is only 48 hours)? .. nip down to GP first thing and get the morning after pill just in case

Twiglett Mon 31-Jan-05 19:28:59

or can you get them straight from pharmacist now? ... sure I heard something to that effect .. maybe there's a late night chemist you could call

beansprout Mon 31-Jan-05 19:29:01

Can you get it over the counter now? Is there a 24 hour chemist near by?

beansprout Mon 31-Jan-05 19:29:42

Aha - great minds, oh marmite-y one!

aloha Mon 31-Jan-05 19:31:10

You can buy it over the counter. Go now. And then make an appt to get your contraception sorted out.

sansouci Mon 31-Jan-05 19:40:13

I wouldn't get it. They'd never give it to me without doc's ok. My only option is to go down to the A&E and wait all night to be seen.

sansouci Mon 31-Jan-05 19:42:10

I sent an e-mail to ob/gyn today with the whole sorry saga but haven't heard from him. Guess he's off on Mondays. Probably playing bloody golf. Hell's bells.

lunavix Mon 31-Jan-05 19:43:48

Why wouldn't they give it to you?

They sell the morning after pill over the counter for £20.

aloha Mon 31-Jan-05 19:45:06

Yes, of course 'they' will give it to you - it's an over-the-counter product, like aspirin. If you have a problem, tell them you will report them! They aren't allowed not to sell it to you!

aloha Mon 31-Jan-05 19:45:59

But if the alternative to A&E is an unwanted pregnancy (it IS unwanted, right?) then do it. If you do really want to be pregnant, then this is a different issue altogether.

sansouci Mon 31-Jan-05 19:50:47

You're right, Aloha. I guess I'd better confess that I live in Switzerland and in the back of bloody beyond, too.

Twiglett Mon 31-Jan-05 19:53:08

sansouci .. you can get it over the counter in switzerland too

article here

HTH

Twiglett Mon 31-Jan-05 19:53:12

sansouci .. you can get it over the counter in switzerland too

article here

HTH

Twiglett Mon 31-Jan-05 19:53:29

oops .. sorry double posting

aloha Mon 31-Jan-05 19:54:30

Are you certain you don't want another baby? I find it very odd that your family and friends wouldn't speak to you! I'd get along to A&E if you really don't want this baby. You haven't committed a crime, so give yourself a break!

LIZS Mon 31-Jan-05 19:57:13

sansouci,

Phone your OB/Gyn Ist thing tomorrow. If they are still not open you should get a message for an alternative or emergency dr.

good luck

sansouci Mon 31-Jan-05 20:04:42

The worst thing is that is that yes, I would like another baby... but if I were at least 5 years younger and if dh wasn't £30k in debt. To be perfectly honest, I'm perpetually tired and have been on meds most of my life for chronic depression. Ds is just beginning to sleep thru the night & dd has finally adjusted to having a db. However, when I told my mother in Nov. that I was pg, she said "I don't know why you're asking me what you should do! There's no question of having another child." Of course, that made me want to go right ahead but my dh is beset with financial worry. It wouldn't be fair on him. He did ask me if it was "alright" (i.e. did we need a condom) & I said yes, it's fine. I feel worse than awful. I've never had to have a termination & secretly felt smug when my friends had to have one back in the '80s. It wasn't because I was any "better" than my friends; I was just lucky.

Twiglett Mon 31-Jan-05 20:05:53

sansouci .. do you have a pharmacist nearby? you CAN get the morning after people without prescription in Switzerland

sansouci Mon 31-Jan-05 20:09:39

No, I don't think I can get the morning after without a prescription. The closest pharmacy is Geneva airport, I guess, but they're probably closed by now, anyway. I will call doc 1st thing in the morning. Oh, BTW, I have cystitis as well. Feel like sh*t.

sansouci Mon 31-Jan-05 20:17:28

Have just received e-mail from doc, asking me to call him 1st thing in the morning. Thank goodness. Thank you all, too. I promise that I will never be so careless again. Life is too precious.

Twiglett Mon 31-Jan-05 20:18:30

good luck .. I wish you what you would wish for yourself (whatever that might be)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now