Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding in pregnancy

(18 Posts)
Jazminpoppy Tue 01-Jul-08 20:07:54

Hello I am 12 weeks pregnant and for the last 3-4 days I have been getting a brown discharge and I have very slight cramping but nothing too serious. I have also miscarried before around 4 years ago but I had bright red blood and alot of pain so its very different.
I am so worried and my head just feels so mixed up as this baby is very much wanted by my partner and I , we were so exited about this pregnancy.
I have been to my doctor today and I will not be offered a scan as I have my 12 week scan due on friday.
I have to wait till then to find out whats going on! I feel petrified. (sad)
Does anyone have any advise? or been through a similar situation? please let me know, any answer would be very much appreciated. thankyou xxxx

Jazminpoppy Tue 01-Jul-08 20:08:49

Ps: my emotion faces arnt working, sorry

GivePeasAChance Tue 01-Jul-08 20:17:42

You could go to A & E and get a scan quicker - don't mention you have one booked in. The waiting is horrible.

I hope it is OK - I had bleeding at 9 weeks with DS2 and all was fine however that doesn't really say anything to make you feel better at this moment in time.

Good luck

mummy2olivia Tue 01-Jul-08 20:18:48

Pease, please, please contact your GP, EPU or midwife ASAP.

I dont want to scare you but a lot of people say 'brown is normal'- well its not. No bleeding is normal- its common but not normal and it should always be checked out. Especially with cramping.

Rest assured that a high percentage of 'bleeders' have no problems but it should still be checked.

smile good luck.

littleboyblue Tue 01-Jul-08 20:22:24

Agree with GivePeasAChance. Go to A&E and tell them you are in pain and they should scan you there and then.

izzybiz Tue 01-Jul-08 20:31:34

I had this with this pregnancy, all was fine I'm nearly 29 weeks now.

At the weekend Dh and I indulged in a little lovingblush and when I went to the loo I had bright red blood and quite a bit of it. All is ok though, baby still moving about and bleeding stopped as soon as it started.

I know how scary it is, agree with the others, go to A&E tell them you are having pain too.

star6 Tue 01-Jul-08 20:32:01

yes, just get yourself down to the A&E and get checked out... having said that - I had quite a few bleeding instances and was absolutely fine... both brown and bright red blood. Some people just do that... Also, if it's around the time when you would have normally had your period (if not pregnant) my MW said it's common to have brown discharge/bleed then too.

teary Tue 01-Jul-08 20:36:35

Hi Jazminepoppy

I too have had this brown discharge since 6 weeks had a scan at 8 weeks and they found baby growing normally with heartbeat came home and the next day had more brown discharge rang midwife who said she thought it may be either cervical erosion or womb getting rid of old cells as brown is old blood she had said that if connected to baby scan would have picked something up never the less Im still threating am now just over 10 weeks and had a bit more today although it was light and no cramping rang midwife who said some women will have this especially after intercourse if there is a cervical erosion so Im praying that is what this is I did have a missed miscarriage in feb got to 9 week scan and they found baby stopped growing at 6 weeks the difference being I was spotting but it was pink indicating fresh blood, also I had no other symptoms but this time I have been feeling nausea all day every day but just starting to tail of which now Im also scared its because baby already died? I completely understand your fears as it such a cruel event to happen to anyone and if your like me you are almost afraid to allow yourself to believe you will ever see this baby I cant even look at baby things right now as fearing the worst and no matter how much people around you try to tell you not to worry its not something you can control!
I have my scan on 15th July seems a long way of but please let me know how yours goes as I will be thinking of you x

star6 Tue 01-Jul-08 20:48:28

Yes - I still bleed either brown or red (usually brown) after intercourse (a few days later) and immediately after a brisk walk or a run (so obviously I avoid brisk walks/running). I hope everything is ok for you teary and jazminepoppy - let us know how it goes!! If you're really worried, go to the A&E.

Jazminpoppy Tue 01-Jul-08 20:49:27

Thank you so much to everyone for your comments, I feel a little better.
I did contact my midwife and she said exactly the same thing as my doctor( that I have to wait till friday)
Nhs direct say speak to your Gp!
My local A & E is very understaffed and you are warned that there is atleast a 3 hour wait to be seen.
I think ill wait till the morning and see how I feel , might go to A&E then, especially if I dont sleep much tonight!
A friend of mine had a missed miscarrage and her symptoms were the same as Im having now!
I still have my pregnancy symptoms though

Jazminpoppy Tue 01-Jul-08 21:08:04

Good Luck Tearyx

Jazminpoppy Wed 02-Jul-08 11:50:11

Hello, I actually miscarried this morning, I am devastated. I cant believe this has happened I did all the right things, im totally gutted sad

prawnsmum Wed 02-Jul-08 11:57:28

Hi Jazminpoppy im so sorry to hear that sending hugs take care of yourself sorry i dont have much advice but know im thinking of you x

Singingintherain Wed 02-Jul-08 12:31:12

Hi, I am going through the same thing now.

I have had loads of problems with my pregnancy too. I started bleeding last Thursday, it was brown too. I did not ring anyone, I just turned up at the City Emergency Department and was immediately refered for a scan. I was told that I had to go to hospital if I suffered any bleeding or severe pain. It showed everything ok, but I was told to completely rest. I then went to my regular 8 week scan last night and I have been told that I have a haematoma on the placenta. It could go away on its own or even stay, but it could be the start of a MC. I have to stay very careful now for the next four weeks when I go back for my 12 week scan.

I hope all goes well for you. Take care.

GivePeasAChance Wed 02-Jul-08 23:10:29

Really sorry J x

snowpea1 Thu 03-Jul-08 00:04:18

hi my g/f is 14 weeks and after sex she had a little spotting and i was wondering if thats normal and will everything be ok?and have been to the a&e and thay got me a scan in 4 days. will every thing be ok?

Jazminpoppy Thu 03-Jul-08 17:41:50

Hi snowpea1 it is quite common to have spotting after sex, however I would advise to always get it checked out. You say you have a scan in 4 days, would it possible to get one a bit sooner? maybe then it could put both of your minds at rest.
I hope everything works out for you and your girlfriend, take care and good luck smile

teary Wed 09-Jul-08 17:49:19

Hi Jazminpoppy
I have just had my second erpc 4 days ago hence not been on here for a while Im so sorry for your loss, if your like me you are feeling pretty shit right now and desperate for answers! I just dont know if to try again and am so scared it will happen again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now