Talk

Advanced search

Not sure how to cope with this too!

(3 Posts)
LadyK Fri 28-Jan-05 00:08:55

Hi, I'm a bit new to all this, but I really need a bit of moral support! I have 2 boys, 3 1/2 yrs and 7 1/2 mos. I had a really difficult birth with #2 son, and additional problems afterwards, and ended up with PND. That is getting better, but there is a lot of other "stress" right now too. But to top it all off, just stopped breastfeeding a couple of weeks ago (still feel guilty-) and can count on one hand (not kidding ) the times dh and I have had sex since #2 ds was born, and yes we have been VERY careful, but I think I may be pregnant again!!! I thought maybe I was just getting AF for the first time in a year and a half, but now I don't know and I started feeling sick last night and have been getting a lot of cramping for about a week. Will be testing first thing tomorrow, but right now I am feeling pretty freaked out! Can anyone help??? If I am pg again, I am having dh neutered.

mears Fri 28-Jan-05 00:28:26

LadyK - try not to panic yourself before you really know if you have anything to panic about What do you mean by being 'very careful'. If you have used contraception such as condoms then you are very unlikely to be pregnant. If you have been relying on the withdrawal method then you have increased your risk. I am only asking because if you are not pregnant then you need to sort out contraception ASAP so that you do not have to go through this again. Your first thoughts are probably right that your period is threatening to start. Please do not feel guilty about stopping feeding - you have done really well to have breastfed this long. Sounds as though you have a lot on your plate at the moment and the worry of possible pregnancy is giving you these symptoms. Do the test tomorrow and then take it from there. Pointless giving yourself this extra worry till you really know what is going on.

LadyK Fri 28-Jan-05 21:04:44

Thanks Mears. Feel much more rational today. Test was negative, so I guess I will neuter the dog instead of dh! Still feel off, but you are probably right, it is probably stress compounded by 48 hours of being convinced I was pg. We have been using condoms, but it wouldn't be the first time... So I have already made an appt with GP to go back on the Pill. Thanks for being around to drag me back to reality, I am not usually so panicky, but I was pretty worried and had no one to rant to! By the way, sorry if I upset anyone who has/had been trying really hard to get pg- love my 2 and really want another, but it would have been spectacularly bad timing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now