Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Newly pregnant - stitch like pains

(13 Posts)
lewpylew Thu 27-Jan-05 17:21:15

Hiya!

I am new to this site so please be gentle with me!!!! I found out I was pregnant on Monday and since the weekend have been having stitch like pains on and off on my right hand side. I think I had this with baby no 1 but cannot remember. I presume it is everything settling down but just wanted some reassurance and to help my pregnancy paranoia!

I am 4+5

Lewpy xx

twiglett Thu 27-Jan-05 17:25:12

ligaments stretching probably

it is so much worse with 2nd child .. be ready for that

they keep on a stretching too (and it really does twang sometimes)

CONGRATULATIONS ON PREGNANCY BTW

SkiBunnyFlummy Thu 27-Jan-05 17:25:24

Well I had little pains in my abdomen in early pregnancy, always thought was bound to be miscarraige. No idea what it was, stopped after a few weeks. Perhaps - egg implanting?

SkiBunnyFlummy Thu 27-Jan-05 17:25:50

It wasn't miscarriage by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Preggars Thu 27-Jan-05 17:29:06

Hi Lewpylew, and congrats to you!

I think SkibunnyFlummy could be right about the egg implanting. It's amazing how your body feels so different from the outset isn't it.

highlander Thu 27-Jan-05 17:29:39

it is indeed your ligamnets stretching.

In the 2nd trimester the pain may get quite severe, due to stretching of the round ligaments. You may notice it most when you stand up.

Congratulations!

bubble99 Thu 27-Jan-05 19:48:51

Sounds like implantation to me too. It's very common in early pg to feel as though AF (period) is about to show up. Unlike most other mammals humans do not have a dedicated area of the uterus for a pregnancy to establish hence the discomfort felt by many women during implantation. That and ligament stretching would account for the stitch like pains. Without wishing to worry you, you do, however, need to report any severe pains and/or sharp increase in temperature as this could indicate an ectopic.

morningpaper Thu 27-Jan-05 19:57:09

I am 4+5 - What does this mean? Are you 9?

I am 4 weeks pg too (almost too scared to type it) and I have been having lots of sharp pains like something unnatural is burrowing into my abdomen... I remember feeling this with my first pregnancy, so I guess for some people it is normal. Good luck with your pregnancy!!!!

misdee Thu 27-Jan-05 19:58:28

4 weeks +5days.

congratulations btw!!

morningpaper Thu 27-Jan-05 19:59:44

Ooh!

I am 4-1 then.

Tipex Thu 27-Jan-05 20:08:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cori Thu 27-Jan-05 21:46:51

Hello,
I am 4 weeks 4 days, found out that am PG last Sunday.
Already having symptoms too. Unsual symptoms plus odd pain in upper left ribcage area.
So when do we start due in October 2005 thread?

cori Thu 27-Jan-05 21:46:52

Hello,
I am 4 weeks 4 days, found out that am PG last Sunday.
Already having symptoms too. Unsual symptoms plus odd pain in upper left ribcage area.
So when do we start due in October 2005 thread?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: