Talk

Advanced search

3D scans in NorthEast

(17 Posts)
Angeliz Thu 27-Jan-05 12:32:57

Well, i've tryed all avenues and can not get a scan, 9maybe in 2 weeks when i see Doc but not before and that's just a maybe).
As i said on another thread the baby was breech and they think it's turned but i want , no need to be sure of it before labour. I am getting myself in a right tizz and TBH, feel like i'm cracking up and can't stop crying

So , my nrainwave was what about all these private places?
Does anyone know any around the NorthEast ? Do they just do a normal scan? Will they have too get in touch with my Doctor for it or is it seen as non medical when you have one not as growth scan or anything?

Any info would be greatly appreciated as i'm having a really shiity time worrying about it and really need some peace....and sleep

Angeliz Thu 27-Jan-05 12:33:33

BTW, i'm 36 weeks pregnant!
As you probably all know with all these paranoid threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angeliz Thu 27-Jan-05 12:42:59

Doesn't have to be 3D BTW, jus any scan that i could pay for quick............

Amanda3266 Thu 27-Jan-05 12:44:17

Oh Angeliz - won't your midwife refer you for a scan? If not, when you go to the hospital next ask to see the consultant or registrar. Tell them exactly how you are feeling and that you'd really like a scan to reassure you. Most hospital antenatal clinics have portable scans that they can use to check these kind of things. The chances are that at 36 weeks your baby may have turned (about 95% of babies are head down by then) - a few more turn in the last 4 weeks.
Don't worry honey, they can easily check this.
If you were to go into labour prior to the next appointment the hospital can use the portable scanner to check on the labour ward.
The other thing to suggest is just to ring the clinic and ask them to fit you in earlier - say that you'll wait if necessary but that you are really anxious and aren't sleeping and would just like it checked.
I'm not in the North East so don't know about private places there but IME most hospitals will do scans privately - but why should you have to pay for this peace of mind. Ring the hospital or - if she's helpful - try your community midwife.

Angeliz Thu 27-Jan-05 12:47:17

Thanks Amanda, i did ring, the Obstetrician can't see me any earlier and midwife told me to go back to the clinic next week to see if my midwife would refer me.
I feel like i've reached a dead end.
I am just so anxious i'd love to see for 2 seconds that it's head down.

Thanks for caring
Off to get dd from School.

Spacecadet Thu 27-Jan-05 17:45:15

Angeliz, so sorry to hear your worry and dont blame you at all, however the midwives are very skilled at being able to tell whether or not your baby is head down. also you can often tell a bit by noticing where your movements come from iyswim,The only place I know of that does private scans is Babybond which is in Rutland water but if you are that desperate then buy a baby mag such as prima baby, mother and baby etc and in the back are loads of advrts for private scanning places, baby bond are good though.However if you are really really miserable have a word with your midwife and maybe you can get a scan sooner.

Angeliz Thu 27-Jan-05 18:03:17

Thanks SC.
I found a site about these private scans in Yorkshire but they only do up to 30 weeks.
Dp thinks he's found one where i can pay, N.H.S but private facilities!!!!!I'm wondering wether to ring them tomorrow as even if i wait 2 weeks he might turn round and say no
It's not that i doubt the nidwifes, they are great, it's just that i know they can't be sure and i really need some solid re assurance at this point!

Angeliz Thu 27-Jan-05 18:04:40

Yeah SC, that's the site i found earlier, they only do up to 30 weeks.

popsycal Thu 27-Jan-05 18:05:21

the nuffield?
the bupa hospital in washington?

Angeliz Thu 27-Jan-05 18:05:56

nope, they don't do it!

popsycal Thu 27-Jan-05 18:10:38

try here

Angeliz Thu 27-Jan-05 18:12:08

Thanks Popsy

How's yours going????????

popsycal Thu 27-Jan-05 18:12:37

bp is good! baby is uncomfortable! 35 weeks and counting!

Angeliz Thu 27-Jan-05 18:13:32

me too

To think we planned this not so long ago!!!

popsycal Thu 27-Jan-05 18:15:14

NEVER AGAIN
ever

Angeliz Thu 27-Jan-05 18:20:42

Have to admit that's how i feel too but i think i might forget that in a few years as i probably want 3 or 4 i think!!!!
This one has caused me real worry though

Spacecadet Sat 29-Jan-05 21:34:26

Angeliz just wandered if you had found anywhere yet, I know it sounds daft but some NHS hospitals will actually carry out a scan but charge you a private fee, the big teaching hospital here does, have you looked into that? just a thought. Babybond who I recommended, in the leicestershire Area, used to do them up to bieth, Im surprised they have changed( only used them last year) never mind!!.If all elese fails, please, please try not to worry, if it comes to it and yopu are in labour and there is any dispute over how db is presenting, I promise you they will do a quick scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now