Talk

Advanced search

Sorry if TMI, but is a stabbing pain in my ermmm..... fanjo, a sign of a UTI?

(12 Posts)
NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Fri 20-Jun-08 09:59:17

Have had it before when pregnant with DS1, didn't get it with DS2, and I know I did get a UTI with DS1, but can't remember if this stabbing like pain was part of it or not??

Is it just drink more? I don't need to see anyone do I?

TIA

justjules Fri 20-Jun-08 10:02:45

mw will do a urine dip test,

any protien will be picked up and sent away if needed,

drink, drink and more drink...

how many weeks now NJ?

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Fri 20-Jun-08 10:06:06

I'm not seeing MW till August.

11 weeks tomorrow Nearly at 12! Whoooo hoooooooooooo

I don't need to go and see her do I? Please say no, I'll love you forever and ever and ever wink

Cadbury Fri 20-Jun-08 10:07:46

It is known in our house as knitting needles up the fango - I had it with my last two. I didn't have any infections - I just assumed it was becasue of the stretching and loosening and all that. Possibly baby pressing on nerves. Probably something to do with hormones too.

Congrats on your pregnancy btw smile

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Fri 20-Jun-08 10:12:33

Aha thankyouthankyouthankyou Just what I wanted to hear.... not the knitting needle bit, could do without a name for it! LOL

It doesn't hurt when I am actually going to the loo, and everything is else is erm.... normal down there.... <hot flush>

Suppose I will get the ol' cranberry juice in just in case....

Alexa808 Fri 20-Jun-08 11:17:00

Have posted this before when someone else asked the same Q.

Is it like a sharp knife up your fanjo/perineum?

I had this with a hormone coil (Mirena) and now earlier in my pregnancy. On top of that I experienced cramps which worsened and subsided over 4h. After a while the stabbing pain returned. I went to 2 docs and they said it's the hormones. The Mirena mirrors hormones you'd have in pregnancy and since I was obviously pregnant it seemed to have come back. Sitting or standing I felt a knife went up there. Docs said not to worry, it will pass. And it did.

Hope it will for you, too.

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Fri 20-Jun-08 11:29:19

That is exactly it Alexa, thanks very much

Am very relieved I don't have to go and see her, as lovely as she is, I don't want to be back and forth all the time!

Have rang DH with my shopping list wink water, cranberry juice, chocolate in the quantity you need to get it craned in, and more chocolate

nappyaddict Fri 20-Jun-08 12:14:58

could be a uti. i had this and thought i was preg but 2 neg tests later and doc seems to think it might be a uti.

wasabipeanut Fri 20-Jun-08 12:20:59

I used to get this - I just put it down to things being stretched and what have you.

I remember telling my midwife I had what felt like someone shoving knitting needles up my lady bits and she informed me that loads of pregnant women get them.

No reason just one of pregnancies many random wierdnesses.

GYo Sat 11-Oct-08 21:41:14

Just bumping this one with a bit of a question...

Been getting the knitting needle up fanjo/ through cervix issue today and am 17.5wks.

Why dont the books ever mention things like this (and ligament pains in early preg) to stop us folk worrying?

hmm

mamalovesmambo Sat 11-Oct-08 21:59:39

its just little one getting comfy on that soft warm bladder!! No seriously, it's pelvis softening and perfectly natural xx

GYo Sat 11-Oct-08 22:16:39

Ahh that sounds really quite lovely. Now imagining bladder as pillow...

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now