Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reaaallllyyy FED UP!!

(9 Posts)
fufmum Sun 23-Jan-05 15:49:20

I was due on 16th Jan and i am now 7 days over, obviously i am really cheesed off now.
Midwife came over today and has given me a sweep which was painful but just about bearable. I have a date for Wednesday to be taken in to be induced, not happy about that as i wanted a water birth and won't be allowed one if it goes to Wednesday

MW said my cervix is still very closed and baby is still only 4/5 engaged, he was that 3 weeks ago!
So things not looking great for my water birth and i didn't want to be induced, looks like DS has different ideas for me.

Anyone else induced got any nice stories for me, rather than having your waters broken means contractions alot more painful!?

bubble99 Sun 23-Jan-05 16:06:14

Hi fufum, sorry you're feeling so - it's no fun being overdue. Is this your first baby? If mears is around she may be able to give you some good advice/positive stories. I was induced for my second and TBH by that stage (12 days over) I was just so pleased to give birth that upside down and hanging from a tree would have done. Sometimes the gel pessary that's given to ripen the cevix can be enough to get things going so don't assume that you'll necessarily need a drip. Keep your chin up, a lot can happen between now and Wednesday and the sweep may move things along.

Yorkiegirl Sun 23-Jan-05 16:58:22

Message withdrawn

fufmum Sun 23-Jan-05 20:13:57

Thanks ladies i am getting more low as the day goes on. Bubble yes this is my first and last the way i feel right now!
The sweep hasn't really given me cramps which MW said it probably would and no spotting of any kind. This baby really doesn't wanna come out!
Getting cheesed off now every morning when i wake and it's yet another night over with nothing happening and a new day

I know, I know, i shouldn't be moaning and should be grateful, blah blah blah but i have seriously had enough! I was just so looking forward to having a wayer birth.

fufmum Sun 23-Jan-05 20:15:01

Water birth too

mears Sun 23-Jan-05 20:17:24

fufmum - don't agree to be induced yet if you want a waterbirth. You could happily go to 42 weeks. By waiting a bit longer you may go into labour yourself. FYI - I looked after a midwife friend of mine who had 2 waterbirths and each time she was induced with prostin gel only.

lockets Sun 23-Jan-05 20:17:29

Message withdrawn

kymbo Sun 23-Jan-05 20:17:58

I had a strech and sweep-and gave birth 3 1/2hrs later!
Good luck,it feels horrible just waiting,doesn't it?

fufmum Mon 24-Jan-05 11:16:52

Thanks Mears i just think this baby doesn't wanna come out!

I had a peacful night and still have no signs today. I would love to hold out for Water birth but i am so fed up now just want it over and baby here.
I will just have to see if something happens in next 45 hours on it's own but i don't hold out much hope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now