Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Hair remover cream & pregnancy?

(9 Posts)
rascals Mon 09-Jun-08 17:09:44

HI,
Not sure if I read on here or imagined it about USE of hair removal cream on bikini line & pregnancy a no-no?
Am I right about this & if yes why ?
Or am I talking a load of nonsense!
I am 38 weeks preg.
THANKS.

finallypregnant Mon 09-Jun-08 18:25:19

Looking for this answer too!

coolkat Mon 09-Jun-08 18:30:14

And me, daren't use a razor when bigger! Safer with cream. . . Anyone?

maya13 Thu 25-Jun-09 11:40:19

Message withdrawn

SheWillBeLoved Thu 25-Jun-09 11:56:09

I've always used it pre-pregnancy, but now pregnant I get horrible burns from it. My legs looked like I had stripy burns/blood blisters all the way down them and stung for days. Thought it was that particular cream, changed it, and tried another on my bikini area... burnt so much I had white blisters which left me thinking I had bloody warts or something shock

I'll stick to a razor and lying in some dodgy positions on the bed with a mirror between my legs grin

devotion Thu 25-Jun-09 11:59:20

hello

i used hair removal cream when pregnant with dd1 around the ahem! as i didnt want to scare the midwifes!

but i did read after that its not a good idea because of the chemicals that gets absorbed into your skin.

so for the second pregnancy and this one i stick to waxing.

flyingcloud Thu 25-Jun-09 13:18:51

Devotion - you are so brave! I can't bear to scare whoever is going to be looking down there either, but neither can I bear to inflict any unnecessary pain on my body at the moment, although maybe I should try and raise my pain threshold a little bit

whingeomatic Thu 25-Jun-09 13:29:51

I used it on my legs while pg with dd2 and had similar reaction to shewillbeloved - burning rash which took ages to go away.

I got dh to shave me before I went in be induced (good job he has a steady hand!!). He was a bit too thorough though so was more hollywood-style than I would have liked blush

devotion Thu 25-Jun-09 17:40:56

had funny memory where i tried to wax around my own butt days before i went into labour with dd1.

i was on all fours looking over my shoulder into a mirror - it was a disaster.

i kept shouting to dh = dont you dare come in here!

i have to get waxed, i am so hairy! if i shave i get mens stubble so thats not too sexy around the ahem!

i always feel so clean when i get it done.

good way to pracive your breathing techniques for labour

nah only joking, its not that bad - honest!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: