Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

So does anyone actually suffer from morning sickness?

(18 Posts)
singsong Sat 22-Jan-05 09:15:43

Dh and I are going to an annual party/dinner tonight and I asked him if it was last year or the year before that we last went to this. Then I remembered, we didn’t go last year because of my horrible ‘morning’ sickness. If we went out anywhere we were always late because I was throwing up and then I would only eat a bit of salad and push food around my plate. Just thinking that everyone I know who is pregnant seems to get sick all day and I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who just feels bad in the morning. So is there anyone out there who gets ‘morning sickness’ or should it really be renamed ‘all day long sickness’?

RudyDudy Sat 22-Jan-05 09:17:44

"all day long sickness" gets my vote and agree that I don't think I've ever known anyone only gets sick in the morning.

beansprout Sat 22-Jan-05 09:28:58

All day here too, although slightly better in the afternoon, it was worse again in the evening. Yeuch.

Poshpaws Sat 22-Jan-05 09:30:36

All day this time up to 14 weeks. Then it stopped for 3 weeks, then came back as a 'morning only' sickness. Has just stopped again (hopefully for good this time) at 23 weeks!

whimsy Sat 22-Jan-05 10:06:46

All day sickness gets my vote too!

HunkerMunker Sat 22-Jan-05 11:04:02

I used to get evening sickness, but was only actually sick once (the day I was 12 weeks pregnant) - I just used to have nausea and do comedy retching.

misdee Sat 22-Jan-05 11:08:17

all day sickness here as well. and all night at some points.

Holly290505 Sat 22-Jan-05 20:06:44

Have to say I had morning sickness! Only actually sick a couple of times but so nauseous evry morning (but only for 9 weeks thank god) Seabands really helped but in the end I found if I forced myself to eat asap it went away until the next morning...so yes it was actually MORNING sickness!

bongobum Sat 22-Jan-05 20:11:11

mine used to start at about 6pm. DH was away on business for most of it so I used to come back from work and try to sleep it off for a couple of hours with a bottle of ginger ale handy

beansontoast Sat 22-Jan-05 20:14:22

had to eat loads in the morning to keep it at bay...come 3pm there was nothing i could do..felt rotten.i linked it to tiredness?

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 22-Jan-05 20:14:58

Yes just Morning sickness. I could'nt eat anything until late afternoon. Which was good because I could normally manage a good meal in the evening.
It's a pain in the a*#e no matter what time you get it!

eidsvold Sun 23-Jan-05 09:06:23

yeh - had it with no1 - had to get up and be sick but was okay by about 11 am.... with no2 had that all day thing - where the minute my blood sugar got low I was nauseaous.

happymerryberries Sun 23-Jan-05 09:07:08

I had afternoon sickness. Used to start at about 11 and last till about 6

pixiefish Sun 23-Jan-05 09:08:47

all day here as well. The only time I wasn't ill was when I was asleep- I'm scared stiff of having another one incase I'm ill again and i couldn't cope with dd and being ill for 20 weeks

Lonelymum Sun 23-Jan-05 09:17:28

Do I dare join in and say I never got morning sickness at all with 4 pregnancies, except a tiny tiny bit with No 4 when I was (briefly) carrying twins. Then I would feel slightly nauseous when I got tired midway through the day. It was noticable enough for me to know something was wrong when the sickness suddenly disappeared: the next day I started to lose the twin.

hoxtonchick Sun 23-Jan-05 09:21:03

i don't get sick when pregnant either lonelymum, but i find it best not to tell people as it leads to trouble! i do get very fat though....

Lonelymum Sun 23-Jan-05 09:23:58

Nope, not fat either, at least not since No 1. I shall run away quickly now before someone throws something at me!

Hulababy Sun 23-Jan-05 10:30:25

I also got all day sickness too. Remeber a few nights when we went out for meals, where I could hardly eat a thing, and spent half the night in the bathroom being sick. DH's grand's birthday is the one I remember most. Beautiful food and I couldn't face a single mouthful.

Mornings were proably my best time TBH. Led me into a false sense of security. Wake up and think "Hmm,,,not too bad today; maybe it's going" An hour later - yuk!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: