Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HELP Early Pregnancy Bad period pains, no bleeding, anyone had this and no miscarried?

(25 Posts)
jollyjolly Tue 03-Jun-08 20:38:36

Title says it all really.
A friend of mine is pregnant, only 5 weeks or so, and is getting period pains, enough to keep her awake at night. no blood loss though. Has anyone else had this in early pregnancy and had a positive outcome?

ScaryHairy Tue 03-Jun-08 20:44:25

Yes.
With my daughter I was convinced my period was coming for a couple of weeks, but it never did.
The cramps were actually worse than normal period pains. I think this is pretty normal.

ANTagony Tue 03-Jun-08 20:46:28

Masses is going on inside and you can get twinges and growing pains in the early days - I did with both my DS.

With DS 1 i actually had two period like bleeds at the right time for the first two non periods. I went to my GP and was sent to the Early Pregnancy Clinic at the local hospital. I had an internal scan (which is incredible because you get such a clear picture) My jelly bean size but oh so perfect childs image was enough to reassure me all was okay and I actually felt quite proud I was so intouch with my body that I could feel all the significant things going on inside.

If your friend is getting really stressed phone the local midwifes they are on call 24/7 and may be able to help with reassurance and advise about your local Early Pregnancy Units.

mellibob Tue 03-Jun-08 23:34:02

Yes, I did with my 1st pregnancy & now have a healthy 3 yr old boy! Had a second pregnancy last year but sadly miscarried. I miscarried at the time my period was due & just thought it was a really bad period until I woke one morning & felt as though I desperately needed to see a Doctor as I felt so ill! I knew something wasn't right. Now I am on my 3rd pregnancy @ 8 weeks & 4 days. Have been getting alot of 'period pains' but after actually suffering the horrendous pain I had with miscarriage know that they are nothing to worry about & are just normal. Everybody worries with pains but don't forget that everything that was nicely in place before is now being moved out of the way for baby to grow. I find that constipation pains can feel alot like period pains too. Hope this helps xx

gillythekid Wed 04-Jun-08 08:36:20

Terrible pain for first 9 weeks, I have a history of endometriosis which can become worse at onset of pregnancy due to hormonal changes. She can ask for a scan, I had one at 7 weeks and another at 9. Now 34 weeks pregnant and all is well.

NotABanana Wed 04-Jun-08 08:39:24

I had something similar though not as bad to keep me awake. The midwife said I would lose the baby and I would have to have a D&C. The baby was born at 38 weeks.

belgo Wed 04-Jun-08 08:43:23

With my usccessful pregnancies I always had cramping about weeks 3-4, enough to make me think my period was on it's way. With my miscarriages, I didn't have cramping until just before the miscarriages themselves (at weeks 6-7).

galaxy08 Wed 04-Jun-08 10:12:52

Hi, I had loads of cramping in early pregnancy. At 6 weeks, I had such bad cramps that I went to A and E. They did a scan and all was ok. I'm now 22 weeks and baby is developing well.

slinkiemalinki Wed 04-Jun-08 10:26:13

Yes, I had some painful cramping in the very early days, esp after sex, healthy pregnancy now at 25 weeks. Had a bit first time but worse this second time.

LumpyBumpyThingy Wed 04-Jun-08 11:48:56

Same as galaxy I had terrible pains at around 5 weeks, had 2 extra scans early on and everything was fine. I would reccommend getting it checked as my doctor was concerned that the pregnancy may be ectopic (the embryo fertilized in the tube and not moved into the womb I believe) My pains have never gone and Ive now been diagnosed with moderate to severe pelvic girdle pain (aka PSD) Might be something to keep a look out for, hope this helps! xxx

babylove123 Wed 04-Jun-08 12:05:46

Hi,

Im 15 weeks pregnant and altho DP and i were trying, the day my period was due i didnt even care about testing, i was in pain as usual and expected the "disappointment" to turn up any second. I thought "oh what the hell" and did a test and to my amazement i pink line appeared! I rang my doctor who told me to "drink, rest and prepare myself for a miscarriage". Nice eh? Of course i expected it to come in my heart anyway from the pain but hearing it i broke down. I spent every day (and still do) wishing it to pass quickly incase i go to the loo and find something i dont wanna see (TMI?).

Well im 15 weeks pregnant, had hyperemesis gravidarum which has been s**t to be brunt and am now hormonal to the highest degree!

This is my first pregnancy and i wish your friend and everyone else the best of luck. Unfortunately, it is luck i think........

vicsta Wed 04-Jun-08 14:29:36

Yes, felt so periody in fact, I didn't realise I was pg for some time. REALLY expected period to come, just thought it was late! Now 1 day overdue, so it doesn't always mean bad news. Hope she is OK.

babylove123 Thu 05-Jun-08 09:44:19

Ooooh good luck vicsta!

vicsta Thu 05-Jun-08 11:14:56

Thanks Baby [smile} Now 2 days overdue!

babylove123 Thu 05-Jun-08 11:28:25

How exciting!

A long time before i reach that point! Seems like an age away!

Do you know if you're having a boy or a girl?

Katie96 Tue 31-Mar-15 21:35:14

I keep getting these pains and I'm glad I've been reassured. My little boy is nearly 3 and I cannot remember getting these pains with him. But no bleeding and now 2 weeks late and about 5 positive pregnancy tests smile around 6 weeks pregnant now smile x

PenguinTuxedo Wed 01-Apr-15 13:43:48

Yes, I had period pains from 3-9 weeks. No bleeding. I'm now 22 weeks. If your friend is concerned though, she should speak to her gp if she hasn't yet got a midwife.

scarednoob Wed 01-Apr-15 18:20:53

I had period pains and sore boobs and incredible moodiness. When I had no AF and a BFN I was convinced it was premature meno! But 2 days later, BFP. Cramps continued til about 6 weeks I think.

puzzledleopard Wed 01-Apr-15 19:46:07

With my first Born I had cramping/ stretching from probably 4-9 weeks bleeding which I believed to be a light period though I was convinced I was pregnant all the symptoms but kept getting a BFN didn't get a positive till past 6 weeks! I had bleeding at 6 weeks and again at 9 weeks was told strictly no sex as can be a factor.

I'm a week late now and the same cramping/ stretching as before but no bleeding and keep getting BFN! I'm now thinking my body is fooling me it is april the 1st after all!

Always always ask or go to the unit doesn't matter if you have read someones story that their cramping or bleeding is ok please always check it out!

heatherxo Wed 01-Apr-15 20:18:32

I had bad cramps at about 5 weeks and a little bleed.. Phoned EPU and got a scan, found out I was having twins, but few weeks later one stopped growing and hb stopped. Now I'm 25 weeks along with surviving twin and everything is fine

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Wed 01-Apr-15 20:24:13

I had a miscarriage last year and had no cramping at all until I actually started bleeding.

I'm now 40+9 weeks pregnant and had awful cramping in the beginning, I think it stopped about week 8, so ime cramping doesn't necessarily mean anything bad.

poocatcherchampion Wed 01-Apr-15 22:12:53

I had it the first time but not the second time or so far this time. I think it is just the stretching.

Baggy now I guess grin

Lanajay Mon 20-Feb-17 19:09:01

Hi
I have a Iud coil I've haven't had a period since 13th December I think I might be pregnant but been having really bad cramps in my belly the last week and keep thinking I'm going to come on but nothing. My chest been sore my moods have been pretty bad no sickness though confused

SolomanDaisy Mon 20-Feb-17 19:12:02

The pregnancy I didn't have period pain was the one I miscarried. I had it with both successful pregnancies.

SolomanDaisy Mon 20-Feb-17 19:13:26

Oh, zombie thread. Lana, start your own thread as people won't see your post on this one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now