Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone else having problems with breathlessness?

(14 Posts)
julesandweekabeya Wed 19-Jan-05 12:21:58

Hi there. Am 25 weeks pregnant and have been feeling really dizzy and feeling breathless. Am quite fit and still doing exercise etc. Been told is because baby is getting bigger but is quite a scary feeling - anyone else experiencing this???

biglips Wed 19-Jan-05 12:28:37

i was breathless when i was pg coz i was big from 6 months onwards. best if you slow down on the excercise bit and it will help. i was breathless when i used to go swimming and i stopped at 7 months coz i was knackered swimming. had a 9lb 1oz baba !!

Hanlou007 Wed 19-Jan-05 12:29:11

I am just 26 weeks and yes i have start feeling breathless....you are not alone...says in a baby magazine that this is normal at this stage as baby is getting bigger and pushing up

biglips Wed 19-Jan-05 12:31:30

as baba is pushing your belly up which is also pushing your lungs up too

Tessiebear Wed 19-Jan-05 12:32:46

I had this with DS1 (1st baby) - i had to sleep with about 3 pillows propping me up. At times i found it really scary, like i couldnt catch my breathe. I was told this was normal. Once the head started to engage at about 33 weeks it got better as the baby moved down.

Potty1 Wed 19-Jan-05 12:32:52

Jules - could you be anaemic - it can make you breathless and dizzy.

Angeliz Wed 19-Jan-05 12:33:49

I am costantly sitting trying to get a big breath and if dp asks me whats wrng one more time i'll kill him
(He thinks i'm always sighing very loudly!!!)

suzywong Wed 19-Jan-05 12:34:06

oh god yes, we've all had that, they lodge their bums under your lungs and basically squeeze then in to your throat from about 30 weeks onwards.

starlover Wed 19-Jan-05 12:41:00

yes! Find it very scary at time because I really feel like I can't breathe at all.
they said it'd ease off once the baby dropped down a bit but it hasn't!
Midwife said I was also slightly anaemic, but the iron tablets didn't help much with the breathlessness, and made me fel sick on top of it!

starlover Wed 19-Jan-05 12:41:49

don't worry though, if you check out my other thread "STOP BREATHING"... you will find that it is actually very dangerous to breathe at all during pregnancy!

kolakube Sun 23-Jan-05 10:06:40

Hi,

I've found pregnancy yoga particularly helpful with the breathlessness. It seems to open up the chest and makes a tiny bit more space. The dizziness could be something to do with you BP too.

SamCattie Tue 25-Jan-05 14:04:15

Just been looking through other threads and saw this one. I am 23 weeks and I am getting really short of breath and have to take it easy when walking as I lose my breath quite quickly. I had my blood test results come back as normal and my doctor has said it's just part of being pregnant...great

CharBell Tue 15-Feb-05 19:18:51

PHEW!! I am 20 weeks and for the last few weeks I have been getting increasingly breathless. I had read that the magic pregnancy hormones can cause this it in early pregnancy so I wasn't too worried.

I mentioned it to my midwife today and the fact that I seem to have to pause for breath mid-sentence (i.e. not just walking upstairs) and she said she had never heard of it before and I should get my iron levels checked and my heart beat regularity. Eek and erk. Luckily this thread has saved me worrying! Thanks guys

Hausfrau Tue 15-Feb-05 19:32:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now