loader

Talk

Advanced search

dp making me feel sick

(14 Posts)
myermay Sat 15-Jan-05 09:40:53

Message withdrawn

blossom2 Sat 15-Jan-05 09:49:05

You're not the only one with a strong sense of smell. I'm 12 weeks now and most of my sense of smell has gone, however still can't open the fridge much. At its worst, i made DH take showers before coming to bed, DD's smell made my sick also, could not cook and had to hold my nose everytime i opened the fridge. And could not go on the tube.

It does go away. hth

oops Sat 15-Jan-05 09:49:50

Message withdrawn

Merlin Sat 15-Jan-05 09:51:08

Hi. I'm 27 weeks and can't stand the smell of sausages!! Unfortunately they are DS fav food so have to cook and serve them holding my nose and have all the windows open, extractor going full force to get rid of the smell. Ugh!!! Making me queasy just writing about them!!

Frizbe Sat 15-Jan-05 09:54:00

tee hee you've got the same superpower as me! mine developed whilst I was pregnant with dd, but it hasn't gone away......it must be something to do with men having fulfiled their mating roll, so therefore you don't need them again until after bump is born! (in a natural mating kind of way anyway)

myermay Sat 15-Jan-05 09:56:22

Message withdrawn

misdee Sat 15-Jan-05 10:01:56

dh has a norrible 'chemical' smell about him atm, i noticed it after he came oput of hospital. we are putting it down to his meds. but it odes turn my stopmache.

atm i am loving the smell of candles and strong smelling soap. i sit here and sniff bars of soap, have been tempted to bite into one as well lol .

Surfermum Sat 15-Jan-05 11:05:50

I didn't cook hardly throughout my pregnancy as any food smells seemed to make me feel sick. Supermarkets were a non-no too as I just wanted to throw up looking at it all.

I also couldn't even look at a packet of cheese and onion crisps, let alone eat them and they're my favourites.

Weird!

LadyPenelope Sat 15-Jan-05 11:54:07

The worst for me was clothes drying on the clothes dryer inside... the smell of the washing powder/ fabric softener made me gag... Around 16 weeks it got OK again

lilsmum Sat 15-Jan-05 12:32:33

mine was cat food!!! everytime i opened a tin of it for the cats i would throw up!!! gross!!! its so weird how your sense of smell goes so intense, oh and cigerette smoke if i got the slightest whiff i would throw!!

starlover Sat 15-Jan-05 13:00:22

mine was toast! it made me want to throw up. got up one morning and dp was making toast and i had to run to the bathroom whree i shouted at him to open all the windows in the house!
various other things as well, but mostly the toast.
I have to say though, I do notice the smell of dp's breath more now! He has never had bad breath, so I think it is just my super-sensitive smell. He is getting a bit bored of me pushing him away when he wants a kiss in the morning though!

Freckly Sat 15-Jan-05 18:04:26

Mine is coffee & the smell of bread baking. Weird! Even weirder is that it comes & goes so sometimes if DH comes near me to give me a kiss or a snuggle if I can smell coffee on his breath I have to push him away!!
Opening the fridge usually turns me too

TinyGang Sat 15-Jan-05 18:54:26

Yes, I had a lot of these especially with the second pregnancy when I felt (and was!)sick for months.

My sense of smell was turned up to full volume - cigarette smoke, God , I could smell it miles away! Going within three rooms of the kitchen, let alone actually look inside the fridge...Impossible! It certainly made making meals a problem. I had to keep rushing off to throw up, not very appetising for those awaiting their tea. Also, my dd was only two at the time, and helping her at mealtimes - you know how two yr olds squish and play with food - made me exit the area pronto!

A friend of mine nearly threw up on their new carpet when pregnant because of the 'new carpety' smell!

Brighteyes Sun 16-Jan-05 11:45:45

My sense of smell has hit overdrive as well.
While visting my parents over Christmas I was convinced I could smell gas just outside their neighbours garden gate. Got the whole family to come out and check if they could smell it and no one could. Thought it must just be my imagination. 2 days later my mum phoned to say transco was ripping up the main road outside their house due to a gas leak!!! Felt guilty about it for a while for not reporting it myself but everyone convinced me that there wasn't a smell of gas and luckly there were no gas explosions!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now