Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where can I hire a TENS?

(17 Posts)
littlelamb Wed 14-May-08 17:58:21

After having horrible back pain last night and being convinced I was in labour, I have decided to try and get a tens machine to help me deal with the pain when the time really does come. I have looked at Boots online, but can't see where it says you can hire a tens, and they seem quite expensive to buy. I used a hospital one with dd as I was already there being induced, and it was a big help, but I intend to stay at home as long as possible this time, so would like to have one to hand. Any suggestions?

squeaver Wed 14-May-08 17:59:34

I think you have to go in to Boots to get one - but this is 4 years ago...

LadyOfWaffle Wed 14-May-08 18:00:44

Boots - use your store locator and give them a ring. I was the same as you (induced so used hospital one) but I bought one this time around.

littlelamb Wed 14-May-08 18:01:50

Brilliant thank you- do you know roughly how much they charge to hire one? Is it perhaps better to buy one and then sell it on afterwards?

WigWamBam Wed 14-May-08 18:03:37

Tens-Hire.co.uk

Mothercare

LadyOfWaffle Wed 14-May-08 18:04:09

Hire I think is about £25? I bought mine for £69.99 or £79.99 and they were selling on ebay for £50 + still.

PregnantPenguin Wed 14-May-08 18:04:59

I got mine from Boots here.

pleasechange Wed 14-May-08 19:13:47

www.tens.co.uk - £26 incl p&p for 7 week hire

Loopymumsy Wed 14-May-08 19:28:18

Message withdrawn

dizzydixies Wed 14-May-08 19:30:30

I get mine from the hosp am due to give birth in and that way when labour is over the m/w just takes it away and hands it back in

have you checked with your hosp to see if they hire them out?

ja9 Wed 14-May-08 19:33:04

i think our tesco hires them...

tassisssss Wed 14-May-08 19:33:53

i've just for one from tesco, was able to pick it up then and there (and clubcard points too!)

dizzydixies Wed 14-May-08 19:34:20

tescos shock

is there anything they don't do?!?!?!?

tassisssss Wed 14-May-08 19:34:26

got not for!

Hi Ja9!

donnakebabnew Wed 06-Jul-11 13:36:11

I hired mine from www.babytens.net they were really helpful i got 6 weeks hire with free delivery and returns for £19.95 the tens machine was a god send!

elizabethsiddal Wed 06-Jul-11 14:31:15

I used www.tenshire.co.uk , really simple transaction, everything arrived the next day. About £25 I think for 6 week hire, but came with a note saying I could pay a further £5 to keep tthe machine.. which I may well do if I like using it.

One of the wires on the machine that came didn't work properly when I tested it, so I rang their number, spoke to someone right away and had a whole new unit the very next morning, no hassle. I was very impressed.

HamsterMamster Wed 06-Jul-11 16:26:22

I got mine from Babycaretens - I phoned to inquire about hiring the Elle Tens machine and was told that they had a special offer on selling them for half price which worked out at only £12 more than hiring. NCT have it on sale too.
I have high hopes that it does the job!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now