Talk

Advanced search

I know I'm probably paranoid but ...

(17 Posts)
oliv Tue 11-Jan-05 20:30:43

I'm 22 weeks pg and the baby has been really active since Christmas - until today! I can't work out whether I've felt it at all, in fact. Is that normal? Should I be worried? Or has it just tired itself out?!

lockets Tue 11-Jan-05 20:31:56

Message withdrawn

Frizbe Tue 11-Jan-05 20:33:33

sit down with a cuppa and chill out for an hour, you'll probably feel baby decide to move then! alternatively baby is probably just waiting until you go to bed....if you haven't felt anything by tomorrow, you can always give your midwife a call and she'll come and listen in to bump to ensure all is ok.

oliv Tue 11-Jan-05 20:33:49

thanks! I'll give it a go ...

Laylasmum Tue 11-Jan-05 20:33:57

When i was pg my dd moved more on some days than others if i'd been v busy i didn't seem to notice it as much either.bab is still small aswell and has plenty of room to move around and empty space to kick into.Having said that though i think you should feel 10 or so movements a day so would be best to ring midwife for extra reassurance!! ( baby will probably start going mental just as you want to go to sleep!!)

oliv Tue 11-Jan-05 20:38:38

I've been trying to get into the positions where I normally feel it (sat leaning slightly forward and lying on my side usually does it). I think I felt it quite late anyway - it's only been a couple of weeks - but it's been going crazy for the last four or five days so it's weird to have such a quiet day

Blossomhill Tue 11-Jan-05 20:40:01

The baby will probably be active all night instead

oliv Tue 11-Jan-05 20:40:59

hope so!

lockets Tue 11-Jan-05 20:43:10

Message withdrawn

Casmie Tue 11-Jan-05 20:44:45

oliv - if you want reassurance, just phone up the midwifes at your hospital. You can pop in for a monitoring session (they'll monitor the heartbeat and movements for a while while you get to sip cold water and have a chat) and if you go now you can then relax enough to get a decent sleep tonight

lockets Tue 11-Jan-05 20:46:40

Message withdrawn

oliv Tue 11-Jan-05 21:02:53

just trying the ice water thing - I think I'm concentrating too hard now - not sure what I'm feeling! Will take myself off to bed with a book and see what happens. I actually have a midwife appt tomorrow so I'll get it all checked out then. Thanks everyone for all the tips.

berolina Tue 11-Jan-05 22:16:32

Oliv, hope your appointment is good tomorrow and baby starts making him/herself felt again!

I was interested to read this on movement as I'm 20 weeks with my first and think I felt the baby some days ago, and again today, but I'm not really sure that was what it was. It's like kind of little sudden very gentle prods from inside, against the inside walls of my bump. I felt several at once and then nothing. (I know baby is OK cos I had a scan yesterday ). Do any of you more experienced mums think that was it, and if so, should I be watching out for it/counting movements per day?

berolina Tue 11-Jan-05 22:17:34

Oh Oliv, apologies for shameless thread hijack! Do hope you don't mind.

hoxtonchick Tue 11-Jan-05 22:19:47

sounds like it to me berolina. very exciting. i'm 14 weeks with my second & have been feeling movements for about a week now. i thought it was too early, but felt ds at 15 weeks & it's meant to get earlier each time. wait 'til it's really belting you in about 3 weeks time!

hope you are ok oliv & your appointment goes well tomorrow. i get terribly paranoid if i don't feel enough twitches during the day, despite knowing it's very early for me to even be feeling anything.

oliv Tue 11-Jan-05 22:27:10

i had ice water, then a shower, then a lie down and a read, and the little monkey just gave me three little kicks behind the belly button and then must have rolled over and gone back to sleep!
no probs at all, berolina - I had exactly the same thing at about the same number of weeks. felt it once, just as you described it, and barely noticeable, then nothing for a few days so decided that can't have been it. then again on xmas eve and that time I knew it was the baby, even though it was just the same feeling. you'll probably vget it more and more, and more and more pronounced now. for me, it's happened every day (til today!) since and I'm now at the point where I can see the bump moving and my dh has felt it too. feel much calmer now - thanks again!

oliv Tue 11-Jan-05 22:31:22

am v jealous hoxtonchick! friends due around the samae time as me were getting it around 16 wks and I thought they were early!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now