Talk

Advanced search

Paternity Leave

(10 Posts)
LittleB Tue 11-Jan-05 09:27:41

Hi, Sorry to waffle on, I'm 21 weeks pregnant and I'm trying to find out what rights my dp has to time off when our baby is born. I don't think he qualifies for standard paternity leave, as I've read that he would need to have been employed for 25 weeks, 15 weeks before my due date, that would mean he would have to have started with his employers before I got pregnant, unfortunately he was made redundant when I was a couple of weeks pregnant (didn't know then but we were trying) and only started with current employers when I was 7 weeks preganant. They aren't very keen on paternity leave anyway and won't tell him anything, is there anything he's entitled too? Would he be able to take unpaid leave if necessary?

Frizbe Tue 11-Jan-05 09:37:13

\link{http://www.maternityalliance.org.uk/index.htm}/Link

Frizbe Tue 11-Jan-05 09:37:35

Argh my bloomin links still don't work! but try here!

pickledonion Tue 11-Jan-05 09:41:58

here

LittleB Tue 11-Jan-05 10:01:14

Thanks, I think I'll ring them at lunch time as I'm not sure if he's entitled to anything.

starlover Tue 11-Jan-05 10:49:29

If he isn't entitled to paternity leave would there be any possibility of him working from home at all?
I realise this depends on the type of work he does.... pretty difficult if he is a lorry driver or something! LOL
Anyway, if his work is the kind of thing he could do from home then his employers have a legal obligation to CONSIDER a request from him to do so. They can only turn him down for certain reasons as well....
might be worth a shot!

LittleB Tue 11-Jan-05 10:59:43

Thanks for the suggestion Starlover, useful to know, but he works in a factory overseeing and programming machines, haven't really got room for him to bring the machinery home as we'd need a warehouse in the back garden!

mears Tue 11-Jan-05 11:02:15

Frizbe - you need to swap round your \ and } at the end of the link to make it work like this -\link}

mears Tue 11-Jan-05 11:04:35

This link is very pecific paternity leave

Frizbe Tue 11-Jan-05 12:13:35

Cheers mears, I'll get it one of these days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now