Talk

Advanced search

21 days to go but skins v sore to touch and I'm achy - Normal?

(9 Posts)
skiingmummy Sun 09-Jan-05 14:42:34

Hi all,
Well I've got 21 days to go (in theory!) but for the last 3 days my skin has been really sore to touch, my bones feel all achy and I'm really really tired all the time. I've also had to take my rings off incl my wedding ring as my hands seem to have swelled up. Do you think this sounds pregnancy related or more like flu? The babys still wriggling round lots so I'm sure its ok its just me that feels lousy.

Frizbe Sun 09-Jan-05 14:54:36

when did you last get checked by the midwife? don't want to worry you, but you sound like you may be a bit pre-eclampsic, but then I only know what I've read in books, so I'd give midwife a call if I were you and get her to check you out.

bubble99 Sun 09-Jan-05 20:13:29

I agree with Frizbe, give your midwife a call. You can call your maternity unit, just make sure you don't use the labour ward number and speak to a midwife. If you're planning a home birth then you should have a contact number for the on-call midwives. They won't mind at all and will be able to reassure you. When you say your skin is sore to touch, is this all over or just on your bump? If just on your bump then it's probably due to the skin stretching, baby may be having a growth spurt. Bones feeling achy could be due to ligaments stretching and the hand swelling could be due to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I sympathise with the last, I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for weeks and I've got lovely blotchy red sausage fingers! Definately talk to a midwife though. Let us know how you get on

bubble99 Sun 09-Jan-05 20:15:02

Even if you're planning a home birth you can still 'phone the maternity unit.

skiingmummy Mon 10-Jan-05 08:52:41

Thanks for your messages. I've made an appointment to see the midwife at 12 today so I'll let you know how I get on.

Skins sore all over bubble99 but especially on my arms and back.

bubble99 Tue 11-Jan-05 15:09:13

Skiingmummy, how did it go with the midwife?

skiingmummy Thu 13-Jan-05 13:02:28

Hi Bubble,
Well my blood pressure and sample were both normal so the midwife concluded my sore skin and achyness was flu related rather than anything else which is a bit of a relief!!

I've taken it really really easy the last couple of days and am starting to feel physically better - well as physically better as you can be 9mths pregnant with chronic heartburn and spd!!

Thanks for asking!

bubble99 Thu 13-Jan-05 23:30:27

Not long to go now skiingmummy. Is this your first? My twins(yikes!) are due anytime soon, I'll be induced on Feb 9th if they haven't appeared by then. Rest up and look forward to being able to sleep on your tum again.

skiingmummy Fri 14-Jan-05 20:49:23

Good evening Bubble!
This will be my second, my ds is just 2 but this pregnancy has been TOTALLY different to no 1. I've caught every bug going, felt really emotional and had so many aches and pains. 1st time round it was only my big boobs and tummy that gave away the fact I was pregnant!

I've had a bad tummy ache and backache all day today so I'm starting to think maybe I won't have long to go now!! I'm actually due on 30th Jan but 2 weeks early is fine by me. So whens your actually due date? Do they usually induce a bit early with twins? Are you getting nervous or excited or both? I can't imagine what it would be like to have twins! Oh the nightmare of having to chose 2 boys and 2 girls names (unless you know what you're having of course!! )

I know what you mean about sleeping on your tum - I soooo miss it, mind you from what I can remember from the first time round it was only once I stopped breastfeeding that my boobs deflated enough to allow me to sleep on my tum comfortably once again!!

Hope everythings going ok with your pg, nice to make contact with a mummy to be of around the same time. I was going to join in the due in jan 05 thread but as it had been going many months didn't think I'd bother - I only discovered MN around Nov time.

Oh well, sad as it may seem I'm afraid my bed is beckoning - hope to chat to you again soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now