Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Period pains at 4, 8 and 12 weeks - Normal?

(5 Posts)
MommyD Fri 07-Jan-05 16:42:37

I am getting bad period pains today and am 12 weeks at the weekend. I also had this at 4 weeks and 8 weeks, when my periods would have been due (I have a 28/29 day cycle)
I can't remember - is this normal? I am only worrying today as I am almost 12 weeks (nearly reached that 'magic' threshold) and I'm quite a lot of discomfort today.

marthamoo Fri 07-Jan-05 16:47:40

It's pefectly normal - some people get bleeding at the time when they would have had a period too. But, as with all things pg related, if you are worried - see your midwife. Take care xx

smellymelly Fri 07-Jan-05 16:47:41

I had pains at 4 weeks, and everything was fine, but it worried me too. I have heard it can be quite common.

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Fri 07-Jan-05 16:49:32

I had it with two of my pregnancies. I was really worried the first time that it happened until I heard that it happens to lots of women.

MommyD Fri 07-Jan-05 16:53:01

Thanks ladies

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: