Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

birthing ball ?

(15 Posts)
furballmad Fri 07-Jan-05 10:07:46

can bouncing on a birthing ball help start labour, eight days to go and desperate to try anything.

ellimum Fri 07-Jan-05 10:20:06

Didn't help for me and I bounced for hours. Are you on the rasberry tea? And curry just gives you indigestion. Going for long walks somewhere where it will be really embarrasing when your waters break should do the trick. What worked for me was visiting my friend and sitting on her brand new white velour designer sofa.

Carla Fri 07-Jan-05 10:21:01

No. Don't waste your money.

oatcake Fri 07-Jan-05 10:24:25

however... (I am trying so desperately to avoid finishing my essay...) birthing balls are proven to get your baby into the optimal position for birth although I don't know of any research which suggests it will start labour.

I thought you were going to wait and see what was said on monday???

Tweak your nipples for 10 minutes, look after someone's new born baby for a couple of hours(gets your relevant hormones going - along with accupuncture, worked for me), sex, pineapple, curries, accupunture, reflexology.

are you fully engaged yet?

furballmad Fri 07-Jan-05 10:25:37

tried the raspberry tea last time 10 days over and induced. Done the long walk thing and never had my waters break naturally even when 2 hours from delivery. Tried s e x, curry, hot baths and lots of other things baby is well down half engaged and the pressure is really painfull but no doubt after last time going over will need stick of dynamite. Has anyone had baby early after going over previously?

furballmad Fri 07-Jan-05 10:27:43

Dear oatcake, Still hopefull for monday but it will be a long weekend so will try anything at least it will pass time. Tried most of the things suggested except reflexology.

furballmad Fri 07-Jan-05 10:29:48

Love the velour sofa story lol

Carla Fri 07-Jan-05 10:35:13

Did your waters break last time? I had to have mine broken twice.

furballmad Fri 07-Jan-05 10:40:04

nope had 4 children never had waters break on their own, last db was told he weighed about 8lb and had hardly any water. He weighed9lb 10oz (thank god for epidurals) and the midwife swam out of the room when they broke my waters lol

Carla Fri 07-Jan-05 10:42:05

Hate to say it, and know you don't want to hear it, but I think you just have to wait, furball.

furballmad Fri 07-Jan-05 10:46:15

its ok carla makes sense i know just been so rough for sooo long but still trying to hang onto sense of humour. Got to stage where i think she will never land.

Furball Fri 07-Jan-05 10:56:39

Furballmad - Can I be cheeky and just say, Is it possible for you to change you chat nickname as some folks are getting us confused?

Cheers

Furball

furballmad Fri 07-Jan-05 11:02:34

o.k no problem tried about 6 before this one but all chosen, will try again.

Furball Fri 07-Jan-05 11:03:56

Thank you

catsnkids Fri 07-Jan-05 11:07:13

furballmad changed to catsnkids

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: