hi, to see another consultant today as mine wasnt available. Waste of time. Asked to be induced a few days early but as advised by midwife but consultant didn't want to step on original consultants toes, really fed up as what was the point in telling me to go up when i rang. Also they looked at my records for last db birth and it didn't show i was 3 min from emergency c.section or that i had trouble birthing shoulders or that they took an oxygen blood test from db whilst still inside me. she made me think i was a fraud. db weighed 9lb 10oz and my consultant said he would not let me go over but because he hadn't written this down she didnt do anything. On the way home my dh said that db might not have had c.section scare on my records because it was not serious enough, which really p*** me off as i didnt panick at the time but the delivery team seemed to think that it was serious enough to. My db's heartbeat fell off the monitor trace and when drip was turned off shot back up to 60 beats per min but it only says on notes 60 beats level can anyone out there tell me if i am being paranoid and is this classed as seriouse p,s they were going to do the c. there in the delivery room and not in theatre.
When's your next appt? Aren't they weekly at this stage? You can ask again next week? Have they taken any growth scans recently? Ds1 was 9lb 3 (at 3 days over), but at 5 foot or so thsi was deemed quite big for me so I did have extra scans second time round.
Would definitely agree that growth scans are far from accurate - Ds1 was estimated to be 8lbs 3 days before birth. At 38 weeks ds2 was estimated to be 9 lbs (and therefore would be 10 lbs at full term), so we had an elective at 39 weeks when he weighed in at 7lbs 3oz!
Furballmad - You sound quite similar to me. The only difference is that they didn't tell me until afterwards that they had decided that if ds1 wasn't out within a set time I would need an emergency c/s.
Ds1 was 9lb 8oz and born after 40hrs of labour. His shoulders got stuck but the doctor and MW were able to free him. With ds2 I was given several growth scans as the MW didn't want him to be any bigger than his brother was. I was induced at 38 weeks when ds2 was estimated to be about 8lb. I also had a note on my records about the risk of his shoulders getting stuck. He arrived after 6hrs of labour weighing exactly 9lb.
I find that unusual that they will not let you have a scan for growth reasons as I had growth scans for both dd's. The last one monitoring dd1's growth probably saved her life and they were pretty close with their estimate. This time with dd2 - the estimate was out by 280g... but they did the prediction on term rather than ten days over. Again I had a scan at 36 weeks as they wanted to find out what they could re the baby's size and how that would impact on my desire for a vbac.
I agree about shouting and shouting until you find someone who can give you the information you need and repeat the midwife's info over and over.