Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3 weeks to go and heartburns getting WORSE!! Boo hoo!

(12 Posts)
skiingmummy Wed 05-Jan-05 14:13:34

I thought heartburn/indigestion was supposed to get better the nearer you got to the 'end'?! I now have almost constant icky pain and am chain-chewing gaviscon tablets. Anyone else been here?

Plus my friend who works in a pharmacy has got me worried saying you shouldn't eat too many gaviscon tabs as they can increase your blood pressure. Uh oh. I'm not due to see the midwife till Monday (last saw her on 20th Dec) so don't know whether to just stop eating and stop taking the tabs or to carry on regardless. What do you think? The packet doesn't really specify a limit.

Oh yes...Happy New Year everyone!! Isn't maternity leave wonderful?!

lowcalCOD Wed 05-Jan-05 14:14:10

bloody hell its awful isnt it

nailpolish Wed 05-Jan-05 14:16:17

get on the floor

bum in air, knees bent, head down

poor you

bakedpotato Wed 05-Jan-05 14:17:07

i have one word for you that could transform the next 3 weeks... ranitidine

lowcalCOD Wed 05-Jan-05 14:18:52

and isnt it weird that when you give brth you never notice that it has gone!

skiingmummy Wed 05-Jan-05 14:20:18

Sounds like a swear word BP!!

Lol NP! I seem to have spent an awful long time assuming that position over xmas!!

bakedpotato Wed 05-Jan-05 14:21:00

sounds like a swear word, works like a miracle

skiingmummy Wed 05-Jan-05 14:21:38

NO way lowcalCOD!!!
It'll be the first thing I notice... well maybe the second after whether I've had a boy or girl.

skiingmummy Wed 05-Jan-05 14:22:47

Can I buy it at the chemist bakedtattie or do I need to get a prescription?

bakedpotato Wed 05-Jan-05 14:28:56

you need a prescription. it's a lifesaver.

nailpolish Wed 05-Jan-05 14:30:01

that sounds rude skiingmummy!

Lolasmum Wed 05-Jan-05 21:51:53

Your bump shoudl drop soon. That often eases the indigestion off. In the meantime, ice-cream works a treat! The coldness takes the burn away and I'm sure the alkaline-ness of the milk must help too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now