might be late too. Okay that's not a problem in
itself. I would see the consultant on 15th Feb (only
do Tuesdays etc). My best friend was lined up to look
after DD when I do go into labour but she's just
booked a holiday for the 12th Feb. None of my family
live nearby (Cornwall - I'm in Surrey) and I don't know who else can
look after DD.

My FIL is useless and is incapable of looking after
her and the whole business is stressing me out.

I know the baby might arrive on time and I should try
and cling onto that fact.
Jo x

Gem1355 Wed 05-Jan-05 12:49:53

Hi i think you should hope that your baby will come on time, but is there no other friends who will look after DD?

Mum2girls Wed 05-Jan-05 12:51:09

How old is your DD?

nailpolish Wed 05-Jan-05 12:53:55

jo, i had the same prob and dh nearly had to miss my labour and birth. he had to look after dd and i went into the hospital on my own. the midwives called him when i was about to give birth and he came in with dd, helped me through the last of the labour and luckily my mum came and looked after dd (very unlike her, i wasnt counting on her). i spoke to other mums in the ward and one said her dh came in with her ds (3) and the nursing assistants played with him in the staff room!

maybe not very helpful but just wanted to say to you things have a way of working themselves out

best of luck xxx

colditzmum Wed 05-Jan-05 12:59:44

Tell your midwife, she may have a suggestion?

Lua Wed 05-Jan-05 13:05:07

Hi Jo,
where are you located. I have been worrying sick about the samething! and just thought, maybe I can help you out! Let me know if you are in the Manchester area by any chance....

Bell2 Wed 05-Jan-05 13:08:07

My dd is 2 and she hasn't been left with anyone else. Also other friends that I might ask have just had new additions themselves and it wouldn't be fair to ask with them when they're looking after newborns.
Jo x

Bell2 Wed 05-Jan-05 13:09:08

Lua - I'm in Surrey - south london
How long do you have to go?
Jo x

Lua Wed 05-Jan-05 13:13:59

I am due in JUne, and am considering importing my sister all the way from South America to stand by!
The problem is... When to bring her???! I was 12 days late last time, but if I plan on being late, this one will probably come early
Can't really ask her to come for a whole month!!
Have you considered a home birth?

HappyMumOf2 Wed 05-Jan-05 13:24:18

Message withdrawn

Bell2 Wed 05-Jan-05 13:29:33

I have considered a home birth but that worries me and I thibk I'd rather be at the hospital. I have also considered labouring alone but I wouldn't want DH to miss the birth.
Jo x

Mum2girls Wed 05-Jan-05 13:51:17

Have you spoken to your m/wife? She's bound to have come across this problem before....

HappyNewCardigan Wed 05-Jan-05 13:55:46

Could anyone at the hospital look after her for your labour. It might just be a short time that you prefer she isn't with you. Perhaps children's ward could take her for this short time. Could one of the nurses be with her? The hospital must have had this situation before so should be able to suggest something.

serenity Wed 05-Jan-05 14:00:22

What hospital are you going to? I know a few registered childminders in Croydon/Addiscombe....and the week you are worried about is half term week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now