Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Very early BFP....your thoughts please!

(18 Posts)
Sallie Tue 04-Jan-05 17:14:31

Has anyone else experienced this? Am on cd24 and have done 3 tests today - 2 First Responses and one Boots Digital. All came up with BFPs despite the Boots one saying you shouldn't use it until the day af is due. Am paranoid about something going wrong as mc in Sept. Also am beginning to wonder whether no3 might be nos 3 and 4 given the early result....Anyone have any thoughts?

Twiglett Tue 04-Jan-05 17:16:13

Congratulations

No way of telling whether its twins or not at this stage though .. you can get positivies from ten days post ovulation so if you ovulated early in cycle .. same amount of hormones whether one of 50 in there

Sallie Tue 04-Jan-05 17:22:40

Thanks - thats reassuring! Just got me wondering as in my previous pregnancies I didn't get BFPs until at least a few days after af was due...Only reason for testing today was because I was so fed up with returning to work. Went to Boots first thing and bought tampons and a FR double pack!!! Then of course couldn't resist testing even though only on cd24. Reckon I ov on Christmas Eve/Day according to Persona....

HappyMumOf2 Tue 04-Jan-05 18:38:35

Message withdrawn

Sallie Wed 05-Jan-05 13:04:15

Am now very confused. After getting two positive FR tests and two positive Boots digital tests yesterday, I got BFNs from two predictor tests today. Am now feeling stupid and very upset. Anyone?

Twiglett Wed 05-Jan-05 13:07:02

You can have false negatives .. you can't have false positives

You need to try to relax and test again tomorrow .. or in a couple of days if you can hold out that long

Sallie Wed 05-Jan-05 13:08:46

Thanks - maybe the predictor is just not that sensitive although they all claim to be hugely accurate, don't they? Am virtually in tears, can't believe I can go from one extreme to the other of emotions.....

Twiglett Wed 05-Jan-05 13:11:00

It is down to how early you are testing .. you will only be day 11 post-ovulation won't you .. some tests aren't sensitive enough to pick up the hormones

please try to relax honey .. its terrible isn't it .. and you only tested cos you wanted to feel that pleasure again at seeing it appear didn't you .. know that feeling BTDT

Sallie Wed 05-Jan-05 13:16:14

Thanks sooooo much for your words of reassurance Twiglett. I feel extremely anxious, especially because of my mc in Sept. Was sooooo hoping that this would be our lucky month. For many reasons, the timing would be perfect.

emmatmg Wed 05-Jan-05 13:16:56

Predictor gave me BFN with DS2+3. Obviously not sensitive enough as one is watching cartoons and the other is upstairs sleeping.

IMO Boots test are the best and most sensitive around.

emmatmg Wed 05-Jan-05 13:17:55

Forgot to add that those BFN were on the day my period was due aswell.

They're crap!

hester Wed 05-Jan-05 13:23:46

Oh you poor thing, Sallie, I can really understand how you're feeling. Miscarriage doesn't just rob us of one pregnancy; it drains the joy and optimism out of the next one, doesn't it? This is bound to be a fraught and anxious time for you, but you ARE pregnant, and the odds are on your side that you will have a happy, healthy pregnancy. Predictor claims to be really sensitive but I've heard before that it is in fact less accurate than other tests, including Boots own brand. Ignore it. Don't buy it again. In fact, let's all boycott it!

Sallie Wed 05-Jan-05 13:26:49

Thanks everyone your support and kind wishes are really appreciated. Might get another Boots one tomorrow and see how I go with it. At home on my day off today but back in the office tomorrow and near a Boots!!! Am now feeling pretty upset though - its gutting

Morgan Wed 05-Jan-05 14:50:48

Just posted on other thread - i got neg predictor after faint pos 3 days after period due!! then pos clearblue.

Sallie Thu 06-Jan-05 09:31:45

Just done another Boots digital and it came up with a BFP very quickly so I guess I can just put the upset of yesterday down to Predictor being useless!!! Thanks for all your messages. The anxious feeling isn't going to stop until I am another few months on because of the mc I had previously. CD27 today.....

hester Thu 06-Jan-05 09:34:24

That's brilliant news, Sallie. I know you have many anxious days and weeks ahead, but the outlook is looking really good for you right now. Try to relax and enjoy it!

Sallie Thu 06-Jan-05 09:35:30

Thanks Hester - just can't help being excited despite the fear of mc again. Hope this month is a good one for you and thanks for all your supportive messages - really appreciate it.

emmaGotToTryHarder Thu 06-Jan-05 09:58:27

excellent

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now