Talk

Advanced search

Did i *REALLY* just pay 25 quid for a pillow???

(16 Posts)
SnowmAngeliz Wed 29-Dec-04 19:25:21

Hello

Just been to Mothercare and bought one of those big long pillows that are supposed to help you sleep in later pregnancy. (Am desperate for a few unbroken hours).
Anyway, supposed to mould to your shape ect etc........it LOOKS just like a pillow!!

Does anyone have one and do they work or am i a mug???

popsycal Wed 29-Dec-04 19:26:33

i haev a cheese pillow....
not a long one but a cheese one

zebra Wed 29-Dec-04 19:26:55

Is it one that helps with breastfeeding, too? One of my brf'd books goes on and on about having the right pillows to make breastfeeding easier, quite funny, really.

SnowmAngeliz Wed 29-Dec-04 19:26:56

?? Edam or cheddar

SnowmAngeliz Wed 29-Dec-04 19:27:38

No it's about a metre and a half long normal..............pillow

popsycal Wed 29-Dec-04 19:27:45

haha
it is a wedge shaped pone from mothercare - dh bought me it last time round.......i love it

popsycal Wed 29-Dec-04 19:28:08

have you named your pillow then angeliz? sounsd life sized!

MarsLady Wed 29-Dec-04 19:28:40

I had a long body pillow, but I bought mine at Costco for about a tenner. Very comfy. Still use it now and I gave birth almost a year ago.

SnowmAngeliz Wed 29-Dec-04 19:28:58

Does it help you sleep popsy?
At the moment i sleep with a cushion between my knees but it's my baby pulling the skin over on my belly that's now a bit sore IYKWIM.

zebra Wed 29-Dec-04 19:29:31

Sounds like it ought to have it's own postal address, given you could buy a decent-size house for that price in some parts of the world.

popsycal Wed 29-Dec-04 19:29:43

the cheese pillow is great...
i also have a f**ked up back and cant lie on my left hip...so it helps distribute the wieght

SnowmAngeliz Wed 29-Dec-04 19:29:44

OOOHHH, could call it Captain Vontrapp!!!
(Just been on the Sound of music thread!)

rouge Wed 29-Dec-04 19:44:43

I found it quite useful during pg - less so for b/f as it was just too unweildy, although I did use it for a while. It came into its own when DD was teething though - we co-slept and I used it as a barrier to stop her wriggling anywhere near the edge of the bed in the night. If she moved, the beanbag rustled and I woke up! Also useful when she was learning to sit and had a tendency to keel over backwards.

Nik72 Wed 29-Dec-04 20:24:38

I got a v-shaped pillow for Xmas & am very chuffed with it - haven't named it yet, probably because DH (who seems to find my increasing unwieldliness vastly amusing) would piss himself laughing.

brusselbeansprouts Thu 30-Dec-04 16:57:26

I paid more for mine and would pay it again! It definitely helped me sleep in the last few months and now I use it for b/feeding. Fantastic!

SnowmAngeliz Thu 30-Dec-04 17:27:01

It ended up , me hanging off the end of the bed at 3am with dd aged 3,20 lying sprawled very comfortably along MY big pillow and she wouldn't move!!!!

(But it is comfy on the settee

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now