Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby Hiccoughs

(12 Posts)
Tipex Tue 28-Dec-04 21:16:12

How often is it normal for them to get it in utero? I was excitedly waiting for this to happen having heard that you can feel it, and now am worried that my babe gets it too frequently! I am 32 weeks and babe gets it at least once everyday and sometimes it seems to last for ages. I find it a really odd sensation. Any experience gratefully recieved!

SnowmAngeliz Tue 28-Dec-04 21:18:00

No idea whaht's 'normal' Tipex but mine gets them quite alot too!
It's so wierd isn't it, secondary jerks!!!

Gem13 Tue 28-Dec-04 21:20:23

DS had them all the time. He's now 2 but I'm sure it wasn't unusual for him to have them 3 or 4 times a day and they seemed to last for ages. Can't remember him having them much after he was born.

DD had them only a few times overall but then had them all the time when she was born (more annoying as she couldn't get to sleep!).

I found it reassuring as DS didn't move very much (unlike his sister!). Ahhh, makes me feel broody...

lockets Tue 28-Dec-04 21:22:57

Message withdrawn

mooncrumbs Tue 28-Dec-04 21:23:11

My DD had them alot aswell, she carried on after birth aswell. I used to get abit upset when she was a tiny baby as it looked like it hurt, but the midwife said it was totally fine and natural!

FrostyTheSurfMum Tue 28-Dec-04 21:24:03

Hi Tipex
DD got them in utero. Usually just after my lunch. It is a weird feeling isn't it?

lockets Tue 28-Dec-04 21:24:42

Message withdrawn

artyjoe Tue 28-Dec-04 22:02:11

I get a long bout at least twice a day and have done for the last week or so, am now 37 weeks. Fab to watch!

Linnet Tue 28-Dec-04 22:21:35

When I was pregnant with dd1 she got them all the time, even during labour she had hiccups and we could hear them on the monitor.

Dd2 didn't seem to have hiccups as often but it did happen now and again.

SantaGoesToTheGym Tue 28-Dec-04 22:37:52

Hi

Don't normally post on pregnancy threads as DS is now 3.5.

However, he used to get the hiccups late on every night at about 10pm. First time it happened I shot out of bed, thinking I was in labour ah, if I had only known................

Anyway, I did notice that when my darling boy entered this world, the hiccups followed him and if he is extremely hungry they still reappear even now. I love it, as it was a then and now moment IYKWIM

Tipex Thu 30-Dec-04 21:37:34

thanks for that all, I'm so glad to hear the stories and know that daily occurance seems to be so common. Isnt pregnancy fantastic in a really weird way!!!!

lockets Thu 30-Dec-04 21:40:17

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now