Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Books about having a brother or sister.

(10 Posts)
rubyone Tue 21-Dec-04 12:39:18

Can anyone recommend a good book for a toddler - 2-3 year old - on having a new baby/getting a brother or sister? I'd like to prepare my son for the upcoming event! Thanks!

bundleofyulelogs Tue 21-Dec-04 12:55:11

there's a house inside my mummy (can't remember author) is nice, as is the little princess one, I want a sister.

yulettsdaughter Tue 21-Dec-04 13:11:28

There's a thread here which may be useful too

littledonkeyrach Tue 21-Dec-04 13:25:53

Usborne first experiences has one about the new baby.
DD1 loved it so much she wanted to name DD2 Suzy after the baby in the book.
Has a bit in about how much rest mummy will need after the baby is here, used to really empphasise this to her!!!

fisilhohoho Tue 21-Dec-04 13:37:56

We've bought "Before you were born" to give to ds when we finally tell him about no. 2. It is good fun and has lift the flap pictures so you can see what's going on inside mummy's tummy.

When baby arrives we're going to give ds a book called "Boo Hoo Baby" We have it out of the library at the moment, and it's fab. It's like a childcare manual - the baby is crying and you go through feed it, bath it, play with it etc. to stop it from crying. We're hoping it will help ds to understand about babies!

PrettyHannukahndles Tue 21-Dec-04 13:44:03

There's a very good Topsy and Tim one, The New Baby, I think it's called.

blossom2 Tue 21-Dec-04 14:00:24

i'm in the same boat and had a look on Amazon a couple of days ago. there's a book called 'big sister' and 'big brother', as well as the other suggestions. The Usborne one is quite good.

rubyone Tue 21-Dec-04 21:06:05

Thanks so much - all your suggestions and the thread were fab. Off to order them all now!!

popsycal Tue 21-Dec-04 21:09:19

we have house inside my mummy and also a picture one with no words at all which is nice as you can make it up to suit your family
will try to find it...

popsycal Tue 21-Dec-04 21:09:20

we have house inside my mummy and also a picture one with no words at all which is nice as you can make it up to suit your family
will try to find it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now