Talk

Advanced search

consipation in first trimester- anyone?

(14 Posts)
oopsanta Mon 20-Dec-04 21:01:06

As it says in the title- I'm constipated. I'm about 7 weeks pg and have all the other signs. But my tummy and bum hurt and I need to know what you think is best. TIA everyone

ChicPea Mon 20-Dec-04 21:05:55

6 kiwi fruit for lunch daily ensures evacuation every morning after coffee!!!!!!!!!!

Xmasspongecake Mon 20-Dec-04 21:06:39

It's very common. The best thing is to eat lots of fruit and veg and drink lots of water. Hope it eases soon.

mullgedwine Mon 20-Dec-04 21:44:21

I had it too, it is awful, so sending you lots of sympathy and fruit juice! Wholemeal bread, beans on toast, fruit, fruit and a couple of prunes on your Christmas All bran.. Its worth it in the end. good luck

virginbonkerz Mon 20-Dec-04 21:45:53

ME ME ME! have had it for the past week! am also 7 weeks and hate going toliet!

virginbonkerz Mon 20-Dec-04 21:51:54

Have just been on nhs direct and pulled this! we are normal!!!!!

It is common for pregnant women to experience several of the following conditions:·

anaemia,
constipation,
haemorrhoids,
heartburn,
hypertension (high blood pressure,
hypotension (low blood pressure),
gum disease (gingivitis),
genital infections such as thrush (candida) and trichomoniasis,
mood changes,
nausea and vomiting, and
urinary tract infections.

Frizbethereindeer Mon 20-Dec-04 22:01:03

had it! horrible, prune juice by the bucket full!

virginbonkerz Mon 20-Dec-04 22:05:31

isnt pregnancy great! and my dh keeps telling me its not an illness!!!!!

oopsanta Mon 20-Dec-04 22:26:01

We could just share them out amongst ourselves. Right, I've got constipation and vomiting, and am a bit moody.
VB you've got constipation,
who wants UTI? or thrush
Just remembered my toothache, so I've got gingivitis possibly.
Anyone for hypotension and anaemia??
oh yes, I've got heartburn so none of you need that either.
It's going to be a long long 33 weeks.
Thanks for info- am off fruit and veg, just want potatoes and stodge please!
mmm prune juice!

BUBBALOO Mon 20-Dec-04 22:29:56

im also really constipated at the mo and decided to take a large tin of prunes to work for breakfast-BIG mistake as the wind was even worse than the constipation
dried apricots are also meant to be good and apples,so ive been told,along with lots of water.

mediagirl Mon 20-Dec-04 22:46:45

I was really constipated with DS but with DD I made sure I drank lots of water and this really helped. Make sure you are eating well especially fruit and veg and a healthy cereal for breakfast like fruit and fibre. Keep some little boxes of raisins with you for when you fancy a sweet snack. There is also a drink available but I can't think of the name, it is quite pleasant tasting and contains fibre and helps relieve constipation and pregnant women can drink it, ask your chemist!

oopsanta Tue 21-Dec-04 08:33:36

bubballo, sorry to hear about the prune side effects. i work with animals so can get away with wind to a certain degree- did it move the constipation though?
Mediagirl, thanks I am trying to drink. usually it isn't a problem but at teh moment it just makes me feel more sick for some reason. I do eat alot of fruit and veg anyway and have porridge for breakfast- just ot helping at this stage.
anyway, I think prunes maybe the way to go today- then will try the drink, but chemist has been reluctant to help as I'm pg...

puddytats Tue 21-Dec-04 08:41:12

Suffered all thro first pregnancy and nothing has changed in 2nd!! Got so bad I had to get lactose from the doctor. Plenty of Fresh orange juice helped and whatever you do DO NOT STRAIN or you end up with piles as well and constipation is the least of your problems!!

Good luck in the pregnancy

biglips Tue 21-Dec-04 09:34:38

yep ive been there too, i was 39 wks preg and i had the piles (i was scared incase the baba came out!).... mix 1 litre of pure orange juice and plenty of prunes together (in a blender) before you go to bed and the next morning you feel !!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now