Trapped nerve in right buttocks at 10 weeks?

(6 Posts)
Kittycaz Wed 13-Oct-21 07:45:09

Hey all, I'm 10 +5 and Ive had for the last couple of weeks twinges in my pelvis which I was told was fine as its just relaxin stretching and such. But last 4 days I've noticed a pain radiating from button of right buttock up to the top near my back its when I walk and put pressure on it. Did anyone else get this and have any idea how to deal with it. The pain isn't massively bad it just feel like a trapped nerve. Thanks

OP’s posts: |
queenatom Wed 13-Oct-21 09:08:26

Sounds like sciatica to me. Solidarity, OP, I've had it since 11 weeks (now 33+5) and its literal pain in the arse. There are certain stretches you can do to help manage it a bit but you may find it hangs around until baby is out.

Garman Wed 13-Oct-21 09:23:56

Yep sciatica probably. Ice it, support belt helps, massage or physio.

Kittycaz Wed 13-Oct-21 09:26:59

queenatom

Sounds like sciatica to me. Solidarity, OP, I've had it since 11 weeks (now 33+5) and its literal pain in the arse. There are certain stretches you can do to help manage it a bit but you may find it hangs around until baby is out.

That's what Google was telling me to. Thankyou for confirming it, I'll have a look for some stretches online and mention it to midwife when I see her next.

Seraphina1993 Wed 13-Oct-21 17:31:59

Sounds like piroformis syndrome which is where the piriformis muscle spasms and clamps down on the sciatic nerve. I used to get it really bad. Google the yoga 'pigeon pose' it fixes it for me whenever it flares up again smile

Kittycaz Thu 14-Oct-21 10:14:48

Seraphina1993

Sounds like piroformis syndrome which is where the piriformis muscle spasms and clamps down on the sciatic nerve. I used to get it really bad. Google the yoga 'pigeon pose' it fixes it for me whenever it flares up again smile

Thankyou am gonna try it now. smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in