Maternity Allowance HELP!

(3 Posts)
AAIF3 Tue 04-May-21 20:27:09

I really need help with maternity allowance and what I'm entitled to!

I have been continuously employed since before I fell pregnant however I was 14 weeks pregnant on Sunday and have changed to a new job today meaning I will have only worked for my employer for 25 weeks by my due date.

I have always earned over the £151 weekly maternity pay.

Will I get the 39 weeks maternity allowance of £151 a week or will I not be entitled to this due to not working for my employer for 26 weeks?

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
PlanBea Tue 04-May-21 21:30:22

Yes, you just need to have been employed by any employer for 26 of the 66 weeks before baby is due. You'll be entitled to 39 weeks at £151.97 a week, or 90% of your usual earnings if that's lower.

Lou98 Tue 04-May-21 23:05:25

Yeah you will, it's as long as you have paid enough national insurance for at least 13 weeks of the 66 weeks before your baby is due. And you can apply as soon as you turn 26 weeks.

I would recommend applying as soon as possible, I sent everything away the day after I turned 26 weeks and heard back within 2 weeks saying I was entitled to the full amount (I'm self employed) but have heard of it taking longer for a lot of people so saved a lot of stress getting everything in as soon as I could

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in