Talk

Advanced search

First time nerves ?

(4 Posts)
Loueystace Tue 23-Feb-21 20:06:42

Hiya All
So I'm new to all of this! I've just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant (1st pregnancy) but I cannot stop worrying, my anxiety is through the roof! I keep having nightmares of having a miscarriage (although I never have) but I just can't get it off my mind. Would a reassurance scan at a private clinic help, are they any good? TIA

OP’s posts: |
xoxochellexoxo Tue 23-Feb-21 20:11:51

I could have easily wrote this myself when i found out i was pregnant, all i could think about was loosing the baby (never been pregnant before) i dont know why but i constantly thought something bad was going to happen, i had an early scan at 8 weeks and if im honest i wouldnt pay for a private scan that early again, im glad it reassured me but all i seen was the sac and then a blob which was baby lol, im now 20+2 and so far nothing has been wrong, i have my 20 week scan on thursday and im hoping after that i can fully relax and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy. Sending lots of love 💞

IHTC Tue 23-Feb-21 20:12:32

Congratulations!

My little girl is now 5 months old. I remember feeling exactly as you do during those first few weeks! It gets better as time goes on and particularly after you've seen your bubs at your 12 week scan.

I paid for an early private scan with Window to the Womb. Mainly because I couldn't believe I was pregnant. I had zero symptoms and just needed to see something. It was great but you don't really see much. Baby doesn't look like a baby (mine looked like a snail! ) and I can't say it reduced anxiety for me personally.

Best of luck to you! flowers

Loueystace Tue 23-Feb-21 20:37:20

@xoxochellexoxo @IHTC
Thank you both so much!! I honestly thought I was just being silly but it's really reassuring to know other people feel it too! I've got a call for the midwife scheduled in for the week after next so I think once I have spoken with them I will feel a lot better.. I think I will skip the early scan.. and wait till I can have my proper scan and actually see a baby as opposed to a 🐌 lol thank you so much both and congrats to you too 💗💖

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in