Pregnant after miscarriage

(6 Posts)
Floky Wed 23-Dec-20 21:02:34

I was almost 7 weeks pregnant when I started to bleed and went to hospital. They told me the baby had stopped developing at 5 and a half weeks. I had a natural miscarriage that'd week and two weeks later ovulated and under the advice of my gynecologist we tried again straight away. I got pregnant and am now 6 weeks again tomorrow, which will be exactly when I had my miscarriage. I feel like a nervous wreck. I have my first appointment in exactly a week and I just wonder how I'm going to make it. I'm so anxious I spend my time on goollgle trying to find answers for every little cramp or change in symptoms. I don't feel particularly sick or anything but it's still early. I'm petrified it's going to happen again. It's Christmas and people have noticed I'm not drinking but the more that find out makes me stressed thinking about having to tell everyone I lost the baby again. I am a nervous wreck. Any advice??

OP’s posts: |
Blughbablugh Wed 23-Dec-20 21:07:47

Take it 1 week and sometimes even 1 day at a time. Rest and look after yourself. I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks. I am now 12 weeks pregnant and had my scan today which showed a healthy baby. I remember feeling so nervous at the sane time as i lost my previous pregnancy but when i got through that week with no bleeding i felt a bit better. When you have experienced loss it's natural to be worried and think the same is going yo happen again but this is a completely different pregnancy. I had a private scan at 9 weeks for reassurance which did help.

Meomeomeo Thu 24-Dec-20 07:39:17

Take it 1 day at a time. I had 2 consecutive MC @6 weeks in April and May and it was devastating. I completely understand where how you are feeling. I was the same, nervous in my first trimester. I’m in my 2nd now. Have faith that it will work out this time. You can book a private scan in a few weeks for reassurance.

anniebu Thu 24-Dec-20 08:02:11

Tell people you are trying to go teetotal. Say you've been drinking too much lately hence attempting the change for your own health.

As for your nerves, find something else to think about. Be busy! Enroll on a course, find a part-time job, set goals other than pregnancy to be looking forward to.

worrybug3 Thu 24-Dec-20 15:12:27

I could have written this myself! I also started bleeding just before 7 weeks and had a blighted ovum. I'm now 6 weeks today and panicking every second of every day but I'm taking each day as a new day and it seems to be helping. So we're due date buddies!

Floky Thu 24-Dec-20 15:29:01

Thank you for the replies everyone. I know that nothing I do will change the outcome and what will be will be but it's so tough, especially with it being Christmas and feeling in limbo as to whether I am even allowed to feel happy about this blessing or if its going to be ripped away at any moment. Tonight I'm going to try to focus on the here and now. I am pregnant now and I am so grateful for that. One day at a time. That's all I can do. I guess I've got as much chance of a positive outcome as a negative one. So who knows. Worrybug3, love the name BTW. That's me all over! So nice to know there's someone out there going through this though I wouldn't wish it on anyone but you are not alone. I will be wishing you a safe and happy pregnancy and praying it works out for us both xx

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in