High BMI

(8 Posts)
Firsttimemumm31 Wed 23-Dec-20 12:01:40

Hey, so had my booking appointment today! All feels very real now! Because I have a high BMI I have to have consultant led care....anyone else in the same boat?

OP’s posts: |
Loz1093 Wed 23-Dec-20 12:05:00

Congratulations!! I have an extremely high bmi of 52 on booking. Sat here now at just over 38 weeks, straightforward pregnancy so have been told I can have 'normal' birth and back to the midwife. Only had a couple of consultant appointments to look at my back for possible c section but they've said it's not needed πŸ‘ΆπŸΌ enjoy this amazing journey x

Firsttimemumm31 Wed 23-Dec-20 12:52:04

@Loz1093 thank you for replying and congratulations πŸŽ‰ I'm so happy to hear that you've had a normal pregnancy and everything has gone well.... I was made to feel a bit uncomfortable this morning sort of like I shouldn't be having a baby because it was risky! I feel so much better now! Thank you πŸ’•

Az20 Wed 23-Dec-20 13:03:58

I'm currently 19weeks and had a BMI of 45.9 when I fell pregnant. It has decreased a bit due to morning sickness.
Like you I was worried but they have been really good and I'm also having a consultant led pregnancy which means you basically get checked more and get additional scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks. So your get to see your little one more 😁

husbandcallsmepickle Wed 23-Dec-20 13:15:32

I'm under the care of a consultant for various reasons. I'm 31+3 and so far the only impact has been 2 telephone consultations with extra scans and another telephone call due soon.

Firsttimemumm31 Wed 23-Dec-20 14:52:54

Thank you so much all for replying it's making me feel much better πŸ™‚ really appreciate it! And congratulations to you all πŸŽ‰

olivetreemumtobe Wed 23-Dec-20 15:02:07

Have you been prescribed a higher dosage of folic acid?

Advertisement

Firsttimemumm31 Wed 23-Dec-20 15:38:13

@olivetreemumtobe yes and aspirin 75mg

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in