Advice needed please! How far gone am I?

(9 Posts)
Slummymummy11 Fri 18-Dec-20 20:46:53

Hi,
I’ve just found out I’m pregnant, nhs calculator says I’m almost 8 weeks according to my last period. I was able to refer myself to early pregnancy unit as I have a history of loss and I hadn’t been getting all the symptoms I’d had every other time from early, almost conception and I’d also had a tiny fall down the stairs. Anyway my scan showed I was very much not 8 weeks and actually quite a bit less, when I asked how far gone the midwife would predict I was and she told me they could only go from the date of my last period so I was hoping someone could advice me on around how far I might be? I have to go to be rescanned on nye and I would just like an idea how close to 12 weeks I am when I can breathe a little easier again. As I said I have had miscarriages in the past and unfortunately always assume the worst will happen so I will be counting every second until that twelve week mark. This photo was done via external ultrasound, thank you for reading and giving your opinions x

OP’s posts: |
cat709 Fri 18-Dec-20 22:55:40

@Slummymummy11
I'd say 5-6 weeks pregnant?
If you look at 5-6 w scan photos on google, they'll be similar look at to yours! Google luck with the progression! X

cat709 Fri 18-Dec-20 22:56:58

Also - maybe pay for a private internal one? Just to get closer and put your mind at rest? I'm surprised your scan was external.. x

SleepingStandingUp Fri 18-Dec-20 23:01:24

Yeah agree with cat, that looks very early, sorry. Maybe 8 weeks by New Year

SleepingStandingUp Fri 18-Dec-20 23:02:42

@Slummymummy11 this is 5 weeks

Slummymummy11 Sat 19-Dec-20 15:45:39

Thank you all, I had both internal and external but was told they could see the same on both images and could only work off the date of my last period. I was disappointed to be less far gone than predicted, my last miscarriage was supposedly at just under 9 weeks and there was much much more to see on the last scan I had to confirm the missed miscarriage and I would have felt better knowing I was almost past that mark in my pregnancy but unfortunately it’s not the case. Hopefully I just have around 6 weeks more stress 😩

OP’s posts: |
cat709 Sat 19-Dec-20 15:58:26

@Slummymummy11 try to keep positive, I know it's hard. But your midwife hasn't factored in that you may have ovulated very late.
There was 2.5 weeks difference between my period date workings V my scan dates. So when I thought I was 8 weeks based on period, the scan said I was 5.5.
Good luck x x

Advertisement

Milkshake54 Sat 19-Dec-20 22:41:21

Because they go by your LMP you will get a scan in 4 weeks regardless, then if your dates are incorrect and too early for the tests they do - they’ll just bring you back.

🤞🏻🤞🏻

Daisy141826 Sun 20-Dec-20 00:13:25

Hi!
Not the same situation, but I thought I was about 8weeks pregnant due to my last period but went to a scan today and they said I was only 5weeks? Also, there's no baby pulsation atm so they booked me again for January. It is so stressful, as they can't give us a exactly answer and we have to wait...

Just keep thinking positive xx 🌟✨

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in