Sweep at 40w and Mucus Plug

(5 Posts)
Mir1234 Sat 12-Dec-20 17:58:46

Hi
I just wondered if anyone had any stories regarding their sweep and labour please?
I lost my plug 2 days ago, then had a sweep yesterday, then today I have lost lots more of my plug and I think I have also had my bloody show.
But no signs of labour yet. When I went to midwife she said I was 2-3cm dilated and my waters was bulging, she felt babies head and said my cervix was really soft.
She said these are all good signs but still no sign of labour for me xx

OP’s posts: |
fanhair Sat 12-Dec-20 18:08:51

I would say baby should come in the next 2 days, i had a sweep on the Wednesday followed by the same symptoms and my waters broke on the Sunday!

Good luck!

Mir1234 Sat 12-Dec-20 18:31:23

Thanks @fanhair
This is my first baby so I'm just unsure what the next stages are, I hope you are right! I just want her to arrive now! Currently bouncing on ball lol x

OP’s posts: |
Alovelycupoftea88 Sat 12-Dec-20 18:35:09

Ooh good luck! I had a couple of sweeps starting at 40weeks and lost my plug over several days but ended up going to 41+5 with an induction, so not the most successful story, sorry. It’s such a hard time when you’re waiting and analysing every tiny twinge. Keep bouncing and sleep as much as possible!

fanhair Sat 12-Dec-20 18:55:06

It's odd aswell, I was doing everything then one night I thought I just can't be bothered anymore! Ordered a curry and my waters broke when I woke up in the morning.

Very exciting, as much as you want them to come. I can remember the feeling when people was wanting to hold him, "I just want him to be back in my tummy so he can just be mine again" xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in