Worried

(15 Posts)
Elsb Thu 10-Dec-20 19:30:56

Hi everyone,
I am 9 weeks pregnant with my first baby.
at 6 weeks I had a week of feeling nausea but now absolutely no sickness.
Everyone around me who is pregnant is constantly feeling sick and I am so worried this indicates something is wrong.

Should I be worried?

OP’s posts: |
SunnySideUp2020 Thu 10-Dec-20 19:32:33

From 9 weeks my sickness was on and off and it eased completely at 11/12 weeks.
I also got worried on the days it was better but it's normal.

ChristmasWitch Thu 10-Dec-20 19:40:53

I never had any of the usual pregnancy symptoms with mine, which worried me! But they were all finesmile

Fairywings123 Thu 10-Dec-20 19:43:24

With my son, 1st pregnancy i had nothing at all, all the way through, apart from a growing belly from 16 weeks, i had nothing from finidng out at 7 weeks, ive not had much this time either, apart from bigger boobs,, wouldnt think i was pregnant tbh at 13 weeks, everyone is different, try your best not to worry flowers

Elsb Thu 10-Dec-20 19:55:34

Thank you so much for your responses, hearing that has really helped ease the anxiety! smile

Edelweiss2020 Thu 10-Dec-20 20:02:05

I’m 14+2 and only vomited once, felt nauseous quite a bit but main symptom has been ridiculous tiredness from about 7 weeks along with sore boobs and heartburn/acid reflux.

I also got extremely anxious over everything and the lack of proper sickness didn’t help, but little one was fine and wiggling about like crazy at my 12 week scan smile

Missingthebridegene Thu 10-Dec-20 20:05:01

I just had a little nausea around weeks 7-9 but then nothing after that! I understand your worry though-all my friends were sick and totally off food but I couldn't stop eating crisps! X

Advertisement

AnxiousAnnie86 Thu 10-Dec-20 20:15:27

@Elsb I had the absolute worst sickness from 6 weeks! Had to be put on cyclizine as I couldn't even get out of bed, it didn't do anything at all, I'm 10+5 now and it's been easing up on and off for past week, and last two days I've had nothing, I had a scan a couple of days ago and all was fine! Baby was wriggling about! X

nocturnalke Thu 10-Dec-20 20:35:12

Hey completely understand your worrying! I had no symptoms at all and didn't believe I was pregnant. I started feeling slightly off food around 8-10 weeks but other than that nothing. Second trimester didn't have any symptoms either. Third trimester very different story! I also had a spot of bleeding around 8 weeks but everything was fine.

MrsXx4 Thu 10-Dec-20 20:48:55

Yes I think that’s normal! I only had sickness between week 8 and 12 with my first pregnancy and I remember phoning my midwife and telling her that I didn’t feel pregnant anymore and that it had all just gone away! I was so worried that the pregnancy had just ‘finished’! The midwife wasn’t concerned at all and reassured me that it was all ok.

I’m now nearly 6 weeks and wanting to feel some nausea as a sign that I am actually pregnant! It’s a really strange time!

MrsXx4 Thu 10-Dec-20 20:50:20

I mean I’m now nearly 6 weeks with my second baby.

paisleydot Thu 10-Dec-20 20:52:17

I only had one day of sickness, right before taking the test! It eased off when I saw the 2 lines and I wasn't sick or nauseous at all for the rest of the pregnancy grin mind you, I have a plenty of stretch marks so didn't get off lightly fwink

PlanDeRaccordement Thu 10-Dec-20 20:52:59

My first I had no morning sickness and he was a perfectly healthy boy. I was actually pretty smug about it which is probably why I had horrible morning (all the time 24/7) sickness my second baby until the third trimester.

Fairywings123 Thu 10-Dec-20 20:59:47

@paisleydot im with you there with the stretch marks, full of them, must be why eh 😂

Elsb Thu 10-Dec-20 21:00:06

It’s so good to hear that it can be normal not to feel sick! ( I guess I shouldn’t be complaining that I’m feeling fine but I think lack of symptoms just kicks up the anxiety! )

I have a scan in 3 weeks and I’m hoping that’s going to put my mind to ease more! smile

Thank you all for your responses, they have really helped hearing your experiences

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in