First pregnancy-doesn’t feel real yet

(14 Posts)
Tinkerbellxox Thu 10-Dec-20 09:30:50

Hi! First time poster here, I found out a few days ago I’m pregnant for the first time. The test said 2-3 weeks so the GP said that was 4 weeks in their terms. I took 4 tests - all positive very quickly . My only symptom so far is sore boobs. I was wondering when did it start to feel like you were pregnant ? When will I start to get more symptoms ? Apart from the no period and pregnancy positives, it doesn’t feel like it’s actually real. Will I feel like this until the scan at 12 weeks? I just want to feel a little different at least - so it sinks in a bit more. if that makes sense . Thank you (sorry if it sounds silly - it’s all so new to me) x

OP’s posts: |
CharlieD2020 Thu 10-Dec-20 10:00:08

Congratulations OP! flowers

So exciting. I'm also pregnant for the first time (17 weeks) and I felt a similiar way to you when I found out. You will probably get first trimester symptoms in the next few weeks, so that will probably make it feel a bit more real. I'd say, for me, it has been a gradual process so far of realising - I am actually pregnant, this is real! A few things that stand out to me:

- telling loved ones makes it feel more real, when you're ready to do that
- 12 week scan is amazing, you will see you really do have a tiny baby inside you
- starting to show (usually around 16-20 weeks for FTM so I gather), no second guessing then!

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

serialplanner Thu 10-Dec-20 10:16:41

Sore boobs immediately and disturbed sleep. Feeling sick etc didn't start to 7 weeks plus and lasted until 13 weeks. Easier said than done but try and be reassured with boobs and don't wish for other symptoms yet as once I had em I was miserable. It's odd though you can't help but want the reassurance!

Tinkerbellxox Thu 10-Dec-20 10:34:04

Congratulations to you too, it’s all so new isn’t it. I’m glad it’s not just me, I keep wanting to take more tests just because I can’t quite believe it !

I can’t wait till the scan / I definitely will believe it after that!

I’m very very small! 5’1 and 7 stone so when I start to show I’ll definitely feel it. We always joke about my food babies after a Sunday roast !

I know I’ll probably regret wishing I felt more symptoms but atm I just feel like I’m watching a tv show of someone else’s life. I’ve never had anyone close to me / family be pregnant so I have nothing to compare it to.

I think with not being able to go to the GP because of COVID made it feel a little less real too.

I will update again once I do start feeling different haha xx

Littlebee1990 Thu 10-Dec-20 10:49:56

Congratulations! I’m 18 weeks and still don’t feel pregnant, counting myself lucky as some friends have been so unwell! Xx

Tinkerbellxox Thu 10-Dec-20 10:52:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tinkerbellxox Thu 10-Dec-20 10:55:27

CharlieD2020

Congratulations OP! flowers

So exciting. I'm also pregnant for the first time (17 weeks) and I felt a similiar way to you when I found out. You will probably get first trimester symptoms in the next few weeks, so that will probably make it feel a bit more real. I'd say, for me, it has been a gradual process so far of realising - I am actually pregnant, this is real! A few things that stand out to me:

- telling loved ones makes it feel more real, when you're ready to do that
- 12 week scan is amazing, you will see you really do have a tiny baby inside you
- starting to show (usually around 16-20 weeks for FTM so I gather), no second guessing then!

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Hi Charlie! I did reply to you above, I'm just new to the message boards so I wasn't sure if you'd get a notification - just quoting you so you'll see it haha xx

Advertisement

Tinkerbellxox Thu 10-Dec-20 10:55:57

Littlebee1990

Congratulations! I’m 18 weeks and still don’t feel pregnant, counting myself lucky as some friends have been so unwell! Xx

Thank you - hmm I guess it's random who or what you'll get x

Tinkerbellxox Thu 10-Dec-20 10:58:29

serialplanner

Sore boobs immediately and disturbed sleep. Feeling sick etc didn't start to 7 weeks plus and lasted until 13 weeks. Easier said than done but try and be reassured with boobs and don't wish for other symptoms yet as once I had em I was miserable. It's odd though you can't help but want the reassurance!

I'm sure I will kick myself for wishing more upon myself - It just seems unbelievable that this is happening - all in good time I suppose

Lou98 Thu 10-Dec-20 11:07:27

I still feel like this at 16+4 weeks🙈

I have had awful sickness since about 6 weeks and still have it now, at it's worst I was throwing up anywhere between 10-15 times a day, it's definitely a bit better now but still feeling nauseas all day and being sick at least 2/3 times a day. So definitely be careful what you wish for in terms of symptoms.

We had a scan at 6 weeks, 7 weeks and 9 weeks privately (as we had a previous miscarriage and a bit of pain early on so was for reassurance) then had the 12 week scan at the hospital and we had another private scan a couple of days ago and found out we are having a little boy! It still doesn't feel real to me and I am definitely showing a bump now and can feel my stomach is harder. I'm hoping it feels a bit more real once I can feel kicks etc. If not, I don't think it will until the baby comes🙈😂

Congratulations on your pregnancy🥰🎉

Jmommy Thu 10-Dec-20 11:15:10

It didn't really feel real for me in my first pregnancy even after the 20 week scan :D Despite feeling movements regularly and a small bump appearing. Now I'm 23 weeks into my second pregnancy, and start to feel quite pregnant since a few weeks, when my bump appeared properly. But even 2nd time around, didnt feel that pregnant until 17-18 weeks. Have had mild symptoms both times and havent showed that early either. Count myself lucky

Amelia49 Thu 10-Dec-20 11:33:35

Honestly feel like it never feels real! It's the strangest feeling ever. I'm 25 weeks pregnant and haven't really had a lot of symptoms so far so I feel "normal" quite a lot of the time, but after a scan you definitely feel pregnant.

BatmanBaby Thu 10-Dec-20 12:12:32

I'm 31 weeks, getting kicked by baby, sorting out nursery and equipment etc and it still doesn't XD My partner said when am I planning on packing my hospital bag - I haven't even thought about it as it just doesn't feel real lol

Thisisbananas3 Thu 10-Dec-20 12:29:26

I am 4.5 weeks and I feel the same as you but imagine it’s probably because it’s so early! We can’t tell what’s happening in there... I’m sure (hopefully) when there’s a bump that grows it’ll feel more really.

I’m riddled with worry though, I wish I knew it was all ok in there!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in